Anyone have experience with FIBBR Fiber Optic HDMI cable.

NASAspacemanWho

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey folks.
I’m looking into getting a 10meter FIBBR cable
Blurb from amazon and their site.
FIBBR HDMI 2.0 Cable 10m, Fiber Optic HDMI Cable Support 18Gbps 4K@60HZ 1080P, 4:4:4, HDCP 2.2, HDR 12bit

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Wondering if this will do Dolby vision?

Have had good feedback over in the US - not much exposure here in the UK, can't help with the DV question.

We prefer our Hybrid (Fibre + Copper) cables from RuiPro as we find they handshake better than any of the all Fibre solutions.

Joe

Thanks Jo.
I believe you need 12bit for Dolby vision (guys please correct me if I’m wrong)
And both the one I’m looking at and the one you recommend are 10bit.
I’ll update this post if i do find something that can do DV... at 10 meters or longer

I believe you need 12bit for Dolby vision (guys please correct me if I’m wrong)
And both the one I’m looking at and the one you recommend are 10bit.

Wrong, the mistake being to infer from the blurbs that usually come in cable ads that cables “support” features.

They don't

They are simply a medium that a certain amount of data is pushed through.
As such , the bandwidth is all that matters.

Dolby Vision is metadata that is carried in the TMDS data stream. You need a DV capable player and a DV capable screen to get Dolby Vision.
There is nothing you can do to a HDMI cable to make it Dolby Vision or not.
The Same goes for a HDMI fiber cable.

It either has the bandwidth or it doesnt.
Any high speed or premium HDMI cable has enough bandwidth for DV.
The only reason HDMI over fibre exists is because you cannot get HDMI cables over 8 meters to pass the high speed or premium tests.

So any fibre cable should do.
Pay no attention to the features listed in HDMI cable ads.
They are largely nonsense.
The only things that bear any resemblance to the truth are bandwidth figures, or in the case of conventional HDMI cables, whether it is “ standard” , “ high” or “ premium” speed.

You are on a wild goose chase looking for a “12 bit” or “10 bit” fibre cable.
Technically, that is nonsense, the cable sellers being at fault here for their dishonest and misleading ads.

Hey folks.
I’m looking into getting a 10meter FIBBR cable
Blurb from amazon and their site.
FIBBR HDMI 2.0 Cable 10m, Fiber Optic HDMI Cable Support 18Gbps 4K@60HZ 1080P, 4:4:4, HDCP 2.2, HDR 12bit

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Wondering if this will do Dolby vision?

The Fibbr cable specs look fine, there is also a UGreen cable that has good reviews on Amazon, also fibre optic.

I have a 10m Ruipro as mentioned by Joe, works perfect at this distance for HDR and DV.

Thanks guys.
I’m feeling pretty confident about the Fibbr cable.
Both sound & vision and AV nirvana have given it their blessing.
Iv ordered mine. Expecting it in a few weeks. Will post some feedback.

As with any long/non-passive cable the key thing is to ‘prove’ it works in your system before you ‘install’ the cable.

We test each cable before we ship so we know they are ‘working’, next step is for the Installer to try the cable in the intended system

Joe

As with any long/non-passive cable the key thing is to ‘prove’ it works in your system before you ‘install’ the cable.

We test each cable before we ship so we know they are ‘working’, next step is for the Installer to try the cable in the intended system

Joe

Of course. That’s the way it should be. Anyone trying to run or running cables behind the wall before testing them is asking for it. I don’t think anyone doing this kind of work will not test them.
With that said, going back 3+ years.
I had two hdmi cables. One 15m from a very reputable brand. Well used company on this forum and recommended by a lot of installers.
The other one a bog standard HDMI 15m from amazon that was going to only feed cctv feed from a switch to the tv.
I tested the cables for a few days and they worked great. Went into the walls.
A month latter the reputable cable that was recommend by a lot of good folks and AV pros failed. Just died.
Too the companies credit I emailed them and they sent a replacement out straight away and followed up.
That’s what you need from a company.
A company shows its true worth not when everything is going great and they are getting praised. But when crap goes wrong and how they react to fix things.

The basic cable carried on working. This was pre 4K setup days.
Point of the story. Anything can fail so have a way to pull out the cables and replace. And have a backup in place.
Fibbr seems to have built a good rep in the states and Asia. Iv been in touch with an old colleague who lives out in HK and the brands well used and respected.
I sent an e-mail to them asking for info and got a prompt reply.

Not that anyone cares but I might start another thread about lessons learned post builds. I’m sure we all have some stories to share.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom