1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone have an fq70??

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Adrenochrome, Jul 3, 2003.

1. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    seeing as my kv32fx66 is to be taken back for geometry and colour bleed problems:( (been in the workshop 4 times since i got it in January this year:mad: )

i have to get a replacement but alas John Lewis have no stock of fx66 (discontinued)

it seems the replacement for this model is the fq70 does anyone own one and if they do do they like it?

or can someone recommend another 32" tv that John Lewis sell?

my tv cost £910 so something round about this price please give or take a couple of hundred pounds.

it shall be mostly for watching sky and the occasional dvd.

tia

Adrenochrome.

p.s. Mrs Chrome says it has to look as nice as the Sony :blush:

2. Christ

Christ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    FQ70 definate improvement over the FX66.. Less Pixelation and it seems the "buzzing" has been sorted (though there has been a couple of reports). I got mine after 2 buzzing FX66's and have to say I though the picture was at least equal to an Aventos, but in a much nicer case. Sony seem to have had a lot of quality-control issues recently, with the FQ75 and FX66, but I think they seem to have "ironed out" the flaws.

Have a look at the Loewe Aventos as well and compare, they seem to have less problems reported (until the last couple of weeks anyway - seems to have been quite a few pixellation and other problems posted)

3. PaulJ

PaulJ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello,

I got my FQ70 a few months ago, replaced Philips P+. I have been very happy with the set. Picture is very good on cable and dvd although I only watch dvd thru' s-video (i have davs500), but still find the picture to be good.

There have been no picture problems or pixellation that I can see, but then again when I had the 9527 they were very obvious, jumped out and slapped you round the face :devil:

With regards to the buzzing, i think a few people have mentioned their sets buzz, but not too badly. Mine does buzz, most noticeably when you first switch the tv on, although its not very loud. Its as though it needs to warm up. Mine still buzzes a little bit then as well, but the only time you can hear the buzz is if the volume is very low or muted or your watching big brother during the day. :laugh:

All in all im very pleased with the set. And it does look very good, which keeps the other half happy.:clap:

Do a search under FQ70, there were a couple of threads on this model over the past few months.

Regards

Paul :smoke:

4. ste1010

ste1010

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi

I had a number of FX66's replaced for buzzing. I then went for an FQ70. I liked this set except for the buzzing. It went back and I replaced it with the Aventos. I have now had it 3 weeks and am very happy. Better than the Sony in everyway except possibly for looks although it has grown on me.

I also had a couple of technical queries with the Aventos. Rang the Loewe help line and they could not help enough. Contrast this with Sony who just did not care.

Cheers

Ste

The choice is yours

5. andrewmellor

andrewmellor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi
    Thought I should add my 2p worth in defence of Sony, I had one of the 'scrolling bar' FQ75 sets and after 1 unsuccesful attempt at a new J-board fitment to cure it had an offer from Sony uk to replace with the FQ80.

They couldn't have been more helpful and apologetic, I was more than happy with their customer service and responses...

I can certainly recommend the FQ80 as a great performing set.......complete with the looks;)

I would demo one if you can...

Hope you get a resolve,
    cheers..Andrew

6. Christ

Christ

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Worth looking at both sets, as the Aventos is one of the best 32" CRT's you can get for that sort of money, and Loewe certainly seem to supply quality sets first time.

However:

I know you are supposed to look at the tube and not the box, but you must admit the FQ70 is one of the best looking sets available, and picture quality wise there's nothing in it, they are both way ahead of many other manufacturers 100Hz sets (IMO).

Now if only they would sort the quality control!

Chris