• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone Have an Alphason Ambri ABR100-LO in Light Oak...

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
...& Monitor Audio RS speakers in the same colour?

How well do they match?

Edit
Doh! - that should have been ABR1100.:suicide:

RBZ5416

Distinguished Member
Well that was a successful request. :laugh:

So, having taken delivery of one today here's my thoughts:

It's crap!

1) Clips to retain glass in front panel were missing.

2) Cracks in the veneer that have been filled - with orange paint! And this is on the top of the unit, in plain sight.

3) Despite the glass being stamped October, it has the old style door mechanism. This renders the upper AND lower shelves useless for full width kit.

4) Despite claims of real oak veneer, the edges of the door look & feel suspiciously like printed paper.

5) The castors don't work even on my soon to be replaced, flat as a pancake pile carpet.

6) The frame of the door is so wide that stacking kit in an attempt to gain some usable space means displays/IR receivers are hidden.

7) Given that I loaded it with the glass missing, I can't see how the hell you'd do it with it in place. Unless you cut huge holes in the back panel or omit it altogether. I was forever putting a hand or knee down where the glass would have been.

Apart from that it's fine. :laugh:

I'd have been :censored: off if I'd paid £50 for it, never mind £200+. :mad:

The search continues...

Edit
It's not a great match for the RS6 speakers. The veneer isn't a patch on MA's (even without the paint :rolleyes:).

Another Edit
It seems as though the unit does have the correct door mechanism. Confusion caused by Alphason's poor use of English. So when they say:

Specification of the door closing mechanism has changed to the one pictured. Top shelf is no longer restricted by the assembly.

What they actually mean is "Specification of the door closing mechanism has changed from the one pictured. Top shelf is no longer restricted by the assembly (as long as you only fit the shelf in it's highest position)." :facepalm:

I wonder how hard it would have been to have made it the ABR1150 so that the door mechanism had no impact? Muppets.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom