• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone have a Sony Handycam CX190 they could check something for me please

LASTOLITE

:hiya:

I am after buying one of these Sony Handycam CX190 Full HD Camcorder for using as a head unit for monitoring a scene for several hours at a time - What I need to know is will is switch on and STAY ON while outputting a picture through its HDMI output without going into sleep mode or going into demo mode that cant be switched off...

Many thanks in advance

:thumbsup:

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
I can't speak for a CX190 but a XR500VE will if you turn off demo mode in the setup menus. If you wan't to remote record you need to also turn on the display to see if the camcorder is recording while looking at the TV.

You will need to run the camera on mains power if you intend to use it for any length of time.

Sony's tend to have very similar set up options. Download the manual from Sony and check the demo mode can be disabled.

LASTOLITE

I can't speak for a CX190 but a XR500VE will if you turn off demo mode in the setup menus. If you wan't to remote record you need to also turn on the display to see if the camcorder is recording while looking at the TV.

You will need to run the camera on mains power if you intend to use it for any length of time.

Sony's tend to have very similar set up options. Download the manual from Sony and check the demo mode can be disabled.

Thanks for that Graham - will take a look at the price

Still hoping for CX190 Info if anyone could assist:lease:

Cheers

Bill

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom