Anyone have a Silverstone LC02 Case??

archie456

Hi,

I've just put my HTPC together for the first time - everything looks good and seems to work OK - apart from two things with the LC02 case.

I'm hoping someone with an LC02 case can give me their opinion.

- Snag with the cooler fan.

I'm have an AMD 5050e CPU with the stock AMD cooler. But cooler snags the metal tray which holds the hard disk and optical drive meaning that I cannot close the lid. (See attached pic)

I'm surprised this is happening with the stock cooler - has anyone had this problem? I'm about to contact Silverstone.

- Optical Drive front.

I have a sony blu-ray slim line optical drive - it is a tray one with a black tray. The tray is visible through the square hold in the front of the case, and I think this looks a little unsightly given the nice brushed metal case front.

I am wondering if I should have gone for a white tray (can you get one) or a trayless drive (but surely you would have a hassle ejecting the drive?). What do other owners of LC02 cases have?

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• P1030338-sm.jpg
    P1030338-sm.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 582

BigCam

Hi :hiya:
I have built a Media PC using the LC02 case and the CPU Fan/Heatsink is sitting inbetween the PSU and at least 2" away from the drive tray.
Are you sure you are using the correct MB standoff fixing holes
If you are the only option I can see is to do some minor surgery with a hacksaw to allow the lid to be closed

Regarding Optical Drive
The aperture is designed for a Standard sized drive, not a slimline one so that will give you those problems with unsightly looks
But at least you can close the cover to hide it

BigCam

Last edited:

archie456

Hi BigCam - thats for your reply:

Are you sure you are using the correct MB standoff fixing holes
If you are the only option I can see is to do some minor surgery with a hacksaw to allow the lid to be closed

The standoff fixings were already on the box, I just has to put a plastic isolation cap on them and place the mobo...

I can only think its the position of the processor socket on my Gigabyte MA78GPM board...

... Like you said, it looks like I'll have to get my surgeons gloves out!

The aperture is designed for a Standard sized drive, not a slimline one so that will give you those problems with unsightly looks
But at least you can close the cover to hide it

The harddisk is a standard size, but the optical has to be slimline - see:

SilverStone Lascala SST-LC02 ATX Slim HTPC Case - hardCOREware.net

The problem is that the case does not have a flap, and so I can see the black drive tray which doesn't look as good against the silver case.

Perhaps I'm being too picky??

BigCam

Hi :hiya:
My apologies my case isnt the slimline version
Reading through the review it does state that certain MoBo's could throw up issues installation wise, one that you have come across
So looks like gloves at the ready :)
Also noted that heat build up inside the case is an issue
so suggest getting another 60mm case fan
to reduce temperature
Maybe something you should keep an eye on
Let us know how you get on with the surgery
Before you do that just make sure everythings Ok with the case before slicing :)
BigCam

R

Rockthejock

Might be a long shot but what about contacting Sony about a silver bezel. Or what about painting it?
I have just finished customizing anLC04 which is slightly bigger than yours and i didn't even have a whole millimetre of a gap. I hacked up my carrier to suit various bits and pieces like half height graphics card but i got mine cheap second hand so didn't have warranty to worry about.
If you are cutting, try and get hold of a dremel or similar and some heavy duty disks. So much easier.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom