1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Have A Jvc 32 Incher

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by bigjonnyauk, Jul 19, 2004.

1. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    HI ALL

damn this tv thing isnt easy

i want to buy a t.v with 32inch screen and have a budget of around 500 while not great i do like the look of the 50hz jvc t4 at 500 in empire
    anyone got one of these and can comment on the picture via rgb

or the other option was the new budget tosh z44 at 549 but this only has one rgb scart and no component and i have loads of stuff to connect

the fact the jvc has 3 scarts is really swaying it for me but would like some serious opinions please

also seen a thomson but mmmmmmmmmmmm not sure

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    i think JVC are best value for money TV's around R range are good as are the X series, also JVC are doing some really good packages at the moment with DVD-recorders and other bits.

3. bigjonnyauk

bigjonnyauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    the only thing putting me off is all this dark pictures on rgb is this with all sets or just the odd ones

so you recommend the r or x range as i was looking at a t4 or a r4 which is basically the same but more umph in sound i was told but what do i know else i wouldnt be asking in here lol

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    the R does sound better, why more manufacturers dont fit 3 front speakers i dont know. X is 100hz, R and T are 50hz. so iguess its to an X and eat value eans for a month or a T and make the most of it!

5. PeteB

PeteB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had a 50 Hz 32 inch JVC (AV32WFT1EKS) for a few years and I always thought it was a lovely picture.

The first problem I had was that there was only 1 RGB Scart. Someone suggested connecting the Scart from the DVD player box into the "VCR out" scart of the Sky Digibox. I didn't think this would work, and definitely didn't think RGB out from the DVD player would work, (because the Sky digibox "VCR out" only supports PAL) but I tried it, and it worked, and checked between PAL and RGB on the DVD player to make sure it was working.

The only other thing I noticed in dark scenes on DVD & Sky, a lot of the picture was plunged into darkness, I particularly noticed this on LOTR. I got "Finding Nemo" DVD and had a play with the THX setup patterns. On the brightness pattern, there was supposed to be seven shades of black, on the brightness setting I had it on I could only see two, and, even with brightness on 100% I could only see four, and no sigh of the THX logo, never mind the drop shadow. Anyway it was better, but not quite right.

I have just bought a 36 inch TV (Tosh 36 PZ38) and discovered these forums in my research.

I had a look for this brightness problem with JVC, and found the answer on these forums. Go into the service menu (BE CAREFUL) by pressing mute & i together and set the brightness higher (I think I put it at +30ish). Then go back and do the user setup again (I could see all seven shades + THX logo + drop shadow, and turned the brightness slightly down, so I could still see the THX logo, but not the drop shadow. The picture is brilliant, watching question of sport, you could see the different shadows from the lighting as the guests moved and the detail of the guests clothing - wish I found these forums before.

Quite often we don't get to watch the new Tosh (cos the kids are watching cartoons) so we end up watching the JVC, using freeview, and have connected the DVD player through the freeview box, in the same way as we did with the Sky digibox. I can't understand why the JVC wasn't setup like this from the shop. The picture is stunning. And it is the same with the new Tosh - the picture using the settings it came with are awful, but spend some time sorting out the settings it and it is fantastic