1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone have a cyrus dac-x?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by h-man, Nov 3, 2004.

1. h-man

h-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there dudes and dudettes,

Anyone know anything about the cyrus dac-x? How does it compare with the other DACs that are commonly discussed here?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
    :)

2. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It all depends what you are connecting it too and what other equipment you have, I listened to 1 a few weeks ago but to be honest i did not notice any difference to my Cyrus CD8/PSXR so was not totally convinced that a purchase was the right thing to do.
    But if you have a cheaper transport say a DVD player and no dedicated CD player then it might be worth while, i would suggest haveing a dem and see for yourself.

John

3. h-man

h-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the advice John. I have a Cyrus CD6

4. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hman if i were you i would upgrade the CD6 to the new CD8x and add a PSXR and you will have a superb disc spinner and also save yourself money over the DACX.

John

5. h-man

h-man

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds like an excellent idea, I had thought of taking the factory upgrade path. The only reason I was interested in the DAC is that I have an Apple Airport Express through which I wirelessly stream lossless audio files from my computer and I thought the DAC might improve the sound of that as well as the CD6.

6. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Of course the DAC X will enhance other equipment if thats what you want to use it for so potentially it could be more beneficial to you to use it that way and it will also improve on the CD 6, it's down to you but i would suggest a dem with what you will be useing it with just to make sure.

John

7. tonycurran1

tonycurran1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    why do you not rate the dac x when you are using one+psx-r?

8. recruit

recruit

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    tonycurran1 - this is a very old thread and was not useing a DAC X at the time but i have been useing one for approx 1 year now and it has been giveing me great pleasure over the year that i have used it and would thoroughly recommend buying one :cool: