1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone has "The Mexican" Region 3 DVD?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by ash2004, May 18, 2005.

1. ash2004

ash2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I was thinking of buying it, but cant get enough information on it, regards comparison to Region 1 and 2, as well as artwork/cover text, etc.

If anyone owns it, I would be grateful if I could get some information on it.

Thanks.

2. dvdchild

dvdchild

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +102
    i've got it on Region 2 if you wanna Trade for something.

LMK

DVDCHILD

3. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I have the R3. Its a home though :) . I will let you know what its like this evening. As far as I can remember, its the same extras-wise as the R1 (but no DTS track). The transfer didn't look great (but the R1 wasn't supposed to be great either) and the case was one of the cheap types, but a lot of companies are using these now anyway. And all the menus are in English.

If you want anything more let me know.

4. ash2004

ash2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks a lot, Ger...

Does the front and back cover have everything in English?? Also, how is the print quality of the cover and the face of the disc?? I ask this as with a number of R3 DVDs, I have noticed inferior quality of the print and the plastic case itself.

Also, does it have English subtitles for the movie and the extras? It would be really great if you could check all this at home today!! Thanks a lot!

5. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    Yes, everything on the cover (front and back) is in English. Print quality is same as any other cover and it has the standard Universal cover design on the back (where the language information etc. is).

The print quality of the disk surface is fine. It has that "dot" kinda texture to the image, but nothing I haven't seen elsewhere.

The disc's menus are all in English (and automaically play in English, it doesn't ask you to choose a language first). The film has English subs for both the film itself and the director's commentary!

Basically its like any R1 or R2 DVD, except it has a Thai 5.1 track and Asian subs :)

6. ash2004

ash2004
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks a ton mate!!