• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone happy with their LG 42PC55?

chamill

Would love to hear comments from owners of this Plasma. Good and Bad.

chamill

hated it,for me picture quality was diabolical.

Care to explain more? What was so bad about it?

lucas22

Care to explain more? What was so bad about it?

I found that when the set was first turned on apart from the obvious dynamic horrible mode which was quickly turned off i remember thinking this picture does not look right at all and will take some messing around with,three weeks later and very little improvement at all.
ok for me the overall picture looked dull and messy,if you had a dark background it really showed up what can only be described as a muddy looking picture.
also the set seemed to suffer from a lot of picture noise,this was again highlighted when a darkish scene was displayed.the picture just seemed to lack any real clarity and any real wow factor. I was so dissapointed as the set i had before (LG 42pc1da) had an amazing picture, sadly it went t*ts up.Its only after having the lg 42pc1da,a samsung 42q96,and the panasonic th50px70 which i have now,both replaced the lgpc55 after one of the speakers broke(big relief)i really could see just how bad it was compared to the rest.:thumbsdowThis is just my opinion.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom