Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Anyone had to clean an HS50 yet?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Jules, Jun 30, 2005.

1. Jules

Jules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,039
    No dust blobs on mine yet, but I'm sure it'll need a clean soon.
    Anyone opened up their HS50 for a blast of compressed air...I'd be interested in the best way to open it up safely.

That said, I've not read any reports of dust blobs on HS50's yet. Plenty on other similar projectors (i.e. AE700 and Z3 etc)...... so is the HS50 uniquely unaffected? or is it just that nobody has clocked up enough hours yet?

2. UrbanT

UrbanT
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,031
    Hi Jules, I've not seen any reports of dust blobs yet either. So unless you absolutely have to, don't touch it! :)

3. Graham

Graham

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +238
    My HS50 had a blue dust blob as soon as it was delivered. It's quite large but very faint. It's never in focus on screen though no matter what the focus on the lens, so I think it might be in the light pathway rather than on the panels.
    Anyway, I'll try and get it sorted when it goes back for the 720p overscan update. If it helps, it hasn't collected any more dust since that first one a couple of months ago.