Anyone had the snip?

GP will refer you, questions, questions, information, information - are you sure?

Procedure is quite informal and may be done in a doctor's room or similar.
Strip off clothes and pop on bed, cover bits with a paper towel.
Local anaesthetic
Doctor makes a small incision, pulls out tube, cauterizes tube - and repeat.

Some people experience no pain during procedure, I had some painful discomfort - but it's quite a short procedure.

I then had two days bed rest, the swelling and discomfort got better over the next 5 days.

is this a reversible procedure? (not that i have any plan to)

You will be told to treat it as if it's not. It's also highly unlikely to work correctly if reversed is what I was told by my consultant.

My FIL tried to have his reversed 20-odd years ago, but it never worked.

NHS tell you that you should look at it as a non-reversible procedure.

However you can privately look to have it reversed, but there is no guarantee it'll work.

You will be told to treat it as if it's not. It's also highly unlikely to work correctly if reversed is what I was told by my consultant.

My FIL tried to have his reversed 20-odd years ago, but it never worked.
My friend had it reversed, they told him chances were about 50/50 I believe.

His succeeded.

I had mine done 32 years ago (I was 35 at the time), afternoon off work in a factory and back in next day, get yourself an athletic support (jock strap) and wear it for a couple of weeks. Wash it occasionally as well obviously :D.

So, it’s all done. Snipped at 6:30. Pretty simple procedure. There was actually nothing to it. Left side felt nothing. Right side a little painful. If anyone is thinking of getting it done, just do it. In and out within 10 minutes.

So, it’s all done. Snipped at 6:30. Pretty simple procedure. There was actually nothing to it. Left side felt nothing. Right side a little painful. If anyone is thinking of getting it done, just do it. In and out within 10 minutes.

Wait a day before you get so cocky ;)

I’m fully expecting tomorrow to be the worst of it. Alternating paracetamol and ibuprofen to keep the pain at bay.

Well todays the day for me, of to hospital in a bit to fill a cup, then its time to put my faith in the doctor.

Hope it goes well mate. Mines did.
Really wasnt bad at all.

You soon be in the Jaffa club
How was it in the days after?
Edit: jaffa club?

Uncomfortable with some bruising. Not painful did the paracetamol/ibuprofen alternating. Was done on Wednesday and back to work on the Monday.

Youl soon be Seedless like a Jaffa orange
Got plenty of painkillers ready :) Hoping I'm not too bad afterwards.

Hope it goes well mate. Mines did.
Really wasnt bad at all.

You soon be in the Jaffa club

I had my surgery in September last year and didn't get the all clear until May this year :eek: I put 3 samples in during that time and it wasn't until the 3rd one that I became a Jaffa! Of course Covid-19 played a part in delaying this, my third sample should have been taken in in March, but didn't.

I was worrying that my tubes had started to rejoin (which the consultant told me is really rare, but is a possibility).

@TheHighFlyingBirds - it's a little sore afterwards, the surgery itself is more uncomfortable than painful. I took paracetamol & ibuprofen too. What I will say (that my consultant didn't mention) is that between a few days and a week after your surgery, your whole scrotum may turn completely black from bruising. It's not painful and is completely normal (I checked with my GP over the phone).

Got plenty of painkillers ready :) Hoping I'm not too bad afterwards.
Dont forget to play on it !
I got loads of sympathy from my wife after this and loads of things I normally wouldn't get.
Im not sure how sincere it was at first though, I wanted a burger king but she drive to McDonalds and hit a few speed bumps quite hard on the way !

How was it in the days after?
If you read back through the thread you'll see that all options are possible. Everything from "barely noticed" to the extremely rare complications. There are also different procedures so just follow whatever advice you're given by the doctor.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

@Doug the D wow thats a long time to get the all clear. Im sure a few weeks of left handed websites will help to empty the chamber more quickly.

I had my surgery in September last year and didn't get the all clear until May this year :eek: I put 3 samples in during that time and it wasn't until the 3rd one that I became a Jaffa! Of course Covid-19 played a part in delaying this, my third sample should have been taken in in March, but didn't.

I was worrying that my tubes had started to rejoin (which the consultant told me is really rare, but is a possibility).

@TheHighFlyingBirds - it's a little sore afterwards, the surgery itself is more uncomfortable than painful. I took paracetamol & ibuprofen too. What I will say (that my consultant didn't mention) is that between a few days and a week after your surgery, your whole scrotum may turn completely black from bruising. It's not painful and is completely normal (I checked with my GP over the phone).

Took me two attempts to get the all clear. Must have had super sperm. Only had to look at the wife in a certain way and she was pregnant 🤣

Well all done now and back home. Starting to feel a constant tingling like ice is on it.

That’s the “trauma” to your scrotum. Mine went black and with a scratchy sensation. Only lasted a couple of days.

Ha, mine went black as well.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom