Anyone had problems with Myhermes?

kevykat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So according to the tracking info and customer services when I called I signed for the parcel. Unless my front door signed for it I dunno who did because my flat was vacant and I was offshore. they have said it was me and even given my name when asked who signed
Sender raised a claim. Myhermes said i signed for it, then it hadn't been delivered, then its lost, the delivery driver has now left the company then they said I signed for it again.
They said the sender wont get a refund because I signed for it, and also said the driver might of just put in signed for so he can get his money for delivering.how awful?
Either way Im fighting for the sender to get her money back. This is awful. if we don't get the correct outcome then the police will get involved as I am not putting up with anyone forging my signature.
Whats worse I left a note on the door telling whomever not to leave any parcels at the door, and according to them it was actually delivered on the same evening that the note was on the door

anyone else had problems?

another review i read on there site made me laugh

03/12/2011 16:29 Delivered to Porch
03/12/2011 11:19 Courier Received
03/12/2011 05:11 Out For Delivery
02/12/2011 22:24 Processed at Depot
02/12/2011 06:21 Receipt at Hub
01/12/2011 13:26 Sent to myhermes central hub
28/11/2011 21:05 Collected
28/11/2011 05:11 Pick-Up Request Manifested
I have no porch and no parcel Poor slow and unreliable
Very poor email response.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
myHermes Response:
We are sorry to hear that your parcel wasn’t delivered within myHermes delivery promise and we will investigate why the tracking details say “Delivered to Porch” when you have stated you do not have a porch.

Don't forget to ask them for compensation for the hassle they're causing you too. ;)

very funny. i just dont want this poor woman out of pocket, she is re sending me the parcel at her own expense at the moment. one of her other customers parcel has went missing with this lot also

They're pretty useless...I had a parcel picked up a while ago and it literally disappeared into their system for 2-3 weeks....was suppose to be 2 day delivery!! Never again...

Ian J said:
KompoKevy strikes again :rotfl:

I almost inhaled a large amount of hot coffee then!

Where's my compensation?!

Missed a parcel delivered by UPS. Could either collect or re deliver. Looked at collection details and nearest depot from Aberdeen is Dundee. Lol come on really?

Check the terms and conditions.

Some of these cheap couriers have a statement to the effect "if the courier thinks it is safe to leave the parcel he will do so and take photos as evidence".

I had one where the courier claimed they delivered two parcels but there was only one. They admitted they had left them on the doorstep and had photos. When I asked for the photos I saw that he had taken a close up picture of my blue door (just a small part of the door filled the frame) - the door number wasn't in shot, the parcel wasn't in shot - I know these jobs aren't going to be filled by the brightest but that was particularly dumb.

Anyway, won that one.

But you need to find out what they mean by proof of delivery - it could just be a useless photo.

Cheers,

Nigel

They have said I sign for it.lol. can't wait to see this forged signature.lol

Old thread I know but I should have had a parcel collected today but they didn't show- something I sold here in the classifieds.

I'll give them till tomorrow to collect but if they don't could I claim the money back as I paid with paypal so the service?

I'll just take it to the post office instead, I only used this company as they offer collection from home.

not had a problem with myhermes started using them because post office was ridiculously expensive for signed parcel delivery.

i bet the signature they allegedly have doesnt resemble yours in the slightest.

Just went onto their site this morning after waiting and checking their site daily and I find this. Stay away from these guys.

10/12/2012 09:42 Not Delivered - Damaged Parcel
10/12/2012 05:29 Out For Delivery To Courier
09/12/2012 20:59 Processed at Depot
09/12/2012 20:24 Receipt at Depot
08/12/2012 19:37 Hub Sorter Receipt Scan
07/12/2012 12:28 Sent to myhermes central hub
06/12/2012 17:13 Collected 06/12/2012 05:22 Pick-Up Request Manifested

Bought through e-bay so check which courier your seller is using​

Last edited:
What is wrong with that? Can you imagine the hassle if the package was delivered and it was damaged as they suggest it is. Much easier for the seller to sort opposed to getting it packaged up and returned etc.

I've been using myhermes selling loads of studio flash lights and they are absolutely fine in my experience.

I'm quite impressed the courier took note of the damage and will be returning it, avoids the stress of trying to get them to admit to the damage, having to take pictures and contact the retailer and courier to get it sorted.

"What's wrong with that?"

You kidding me? They have had it in their possesion for 4 days and now it is damaged? I would like to know how you contact these couriers to colect as everything I try on their site doesn't seem yo be linked.

Try to contact them about a parcel and you get this:-

We apologise, but are unable to deal directly with you regarding your parcel enquiry. Please contact the company with whom you placed your order.

Did this and I get an "Out of Office message" Great!!!

I just phone the mobile of my local delivery driver to either arrange a pickup or get further information :) works wonders to have a friendly chat with the independent. Did yours gave you theirs?

Gets worse LOL

THIS IS AN AUTOMATED E MAIL. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS MAIL

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for contacting MyHermes customer services.

Your enquiry will receive our immediate attention. We will update you within two working days.

Two working days to reply to an e-mail. Incredible. No wonder the Economy is in such a state.

Two working days to reply to an e-mail. Incredible. No wonder the Economy is in such a state.

Disgusting isn't it?

Long gone are the days where you could write a letter and post it to the company to complain, where you would get a written reply back in under two workin- oh... hang on.

I feel your frustration, I really do, but do you not feel you're overreacting a little to some things which are fairly standard. Such as a courier company taking 2 days to reply to an email in their peak period (the build up to Christmas).

Disgusting isn't it?

Long gone are the days where you could write a letter and post it to the company to complain, where you would get a written reply back in under two workin- oh... hang on.

I feel your frustration, I really do, but do you not feel you're overreacting a little to some things which are fairly standard. Such as a courier company taking 2 days to reply to an email in their peak period (the build up to Christmas).

Exactly that...

I thought you spelled 'Herpes' with a 'P' not an 'M' and then I realised......

Doh!

:)

Disgusting isn't it?

Wow you two guys are fast to reply to my posts. You should be employed by MyHermes :oops:

Even to speak to someone on the end of a phone is impossible. I always thought that electronic mail was faster, hence an e-mail. Maybe I am a bit slow here LOL

Ah well maybe I am over reacting after paying for a service I am not getting. Silly me eh?

Wow you two guys are fast to reply to my posts. You should be employed by MyHermes :oops:

Even to speak to someone on the end of a phone is impossible. I always thought that electronic mail was faster, hence an e-mail. Maybe I am a bit slow here LOL

Ah well maybe I am over reacting after paying for a service I am not getting. Silly me eh?

I'm a mod, I have to read posts to make sure they're within the rules. It just so happens that I also deal with couriers on a daily basis in my job.
I'm not defending MyHermes, nor am I saying that it's acceptable that your parcel was damaged. Because it isn't, and in an ideal world no parcels would be damaged or go missing. E-mail is faster than standard mail, and a 2 day reponse time seems fair to me. I hope you appreciate the volume of parcels these companies deal with this time of year, there are bound to be issues - many issues, and a lot of people will be making contact about issues (and non-issues).

Who are you paying for the service?
The ebay seller - that's who, they are the customer to MyHermes so they are the ones who should be chasing them up as they are the ones with the contract with the company, you're causing yourself stress and work here when you don't need to. This is on the seller, get them to do the work and just relax a little as there's not much you can do.
At no point have you entered a contract with the courier so even if you are able to make contact, there's not a great deal you can do if they're returning it to the sender due to damage, if anything they're saving you a lot of trouble. At least, that's the way I see it from here.

Obviously it's frustrating when you don't get your delivery as/when you expect, but sometimes these things can't be avoided.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom