Anyone had problems ordering iTunes vouchers from ASDA Direct

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by nheather, Mar 8, 2013.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,807
    On tuesday I tried to take advantage of the ASDA £25 iTunes voucher for £20 offer.

A day later I receiced an eMail saying that my order had been cancelled because

None of those I thought. But I did use my iPad and perhaps I had a fat fingers problem and I did connect from my father-in-laws house so perhaps there was something odd about his service.

So when I got back home on Thursday I placed the order again.

Today the same cancellation message.

I call my Credit Card company as instructed by ASDA and find that both transactions were processed correctly by them and they have two reserved £20s sitting on my account for ASDA to confirm.

So I ring ASDA.

They tell me that the order was rejected by Apple because the IP Address was not recognised by them. It is nothing to do with ASDA and that I need to ring Apple.

I explain that I can't just ring Apple and say I have a problem with an ASDA order - they will think that I'm nuts. So I demand the correct number from them.

I call and it is an obsolete number with a voice recording giving the new number.

I call that and it is AppleCare and I end up speaking to someone who expects me to be calling about faulty hardware.

However, because Apple are so so much more professional than ASDA he endeavours to help and contacts the relevent departments. He comes back and as I expected, says that Apple have not rejected the order.

So back to ASDA who are adamant that Apple have rejected the order because my IP address is unknown to them. I explain that I'm connected to iTunes at that point in time on that IP but ASDA won't have it.

Anyone experienced this?

Cheers,

Nigel

2. DJBenson

DJBenson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I've just had an order cancelled for no apparent reason - ordered using a UK Mastercard and no other items as part of the order.

I did order 2x£25 vouchers (as the order form allows you to order two at a time) but I wonder if ordering two counts as ordering with something else :suicide:

Ordered a couple of months ago and had no trouble but back then you could only add one to the basket...

3. RBZ5416

RBZ5416
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,283
    Not sure if this is of any help but the £25 cards are also £20 in store.

4. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,807
    I resolved it in the end.

Turns out it was another case of a programmer who validates email addresses incorrectly. My eMail address has a hyphen which is perfectly legal but I've encountered a couple of sites (Asda and Samsung for example) which think it isn't.

Resolved by using my hotmail email address instead.

Tried be helpful and reported it back but Asda were adamant that it was because of my IP address, even though I tried the order from two ISPs and my successful hotmail based order used the same IP.

Cheers,

Nigel

5. Stationman

Stationman
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you to nheather for finding the answer to this issue.
    I too was having the issue using an e-mail service from 1and1 with my
    own registered domain name (ending in .uk)
    I switched the account to use my sky.com e-mail address and bingo it worked.
    I have sent an e-mail to Asda Direct customer services detailing the issue and
    maybe someone will listen and do something about it so that others don't fall into the same trap.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  6. MIghtyG

MIghtyG

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +987
    Bit of an off topic question here but, if you send an email to [email protected] and one to [email protected] do they not go to the same inbox?

I remember someone telling me '.' isnt registered in an address so [email protected] and [email protected] were one and the same, just wondered if there was any truth in this and if its the same with hyphens?

7. vinolent

vinolent
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That's completely wrong MightyG. Those email addresses are all different and would go to different mail boxes unless the owner has both of the addresses configured to go to the same place.

8. ashpalin96

ashpalin96
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did this as well and got the same email saying it was canceled but i didnt register when i bought it so how can i change the email?