Anyone had luck connecting a GH3 to a PC or preferably a MAC via WiFi?

Should be the same as any other camera, put cable in drive comes up on desktop. May need to change the finder options to show drives.

I'm trying it now :) Got to remember how to create an SMB share to send the photos to...Haircut first...

Think ive cracked it. Managed to send images to a file. Only pain is having to set click "apply to enclosed items" within the folder settings to be able to open an image everytime i add a batch of images to the folder. Still, at least im getting them to the MAC now.

Think ive cracked it. Managed to send images to a file. Only pain is having to set click "apply to enclosed items" within the folder settings to be able to open an image everytime i add a batch of images to the folder. Still, at least im getting them to the MAC now.

How did you setup the shared folder on the MAC to stored those images? It isn't showing up in the browser in my G6...Saves me having to take a look...

BTW Are you shooting tethered that way, for example setup a watched folder in Lightroom or Aperture?

Right click on folder
"Get Info"
Tick "Shared Folder"
Down to Sharing & Permissions and allow Read & Write to the main user.

Right click on folder
"Get Info"
Tick "Shared Folder"
Down to Sharing & Permissions and allow Read & Write to the main user.

Hmm odd exactly what I did, it shows up on all my Macs, but the Panasonic camera can't see it...

System Preferences

Add the same file in the "Shared Folders" window

9637518038_b6dfac4023_b.jpg

Click options and make sure AFP and SMB are ticked. When it asks to connect manually and you are presented with the key pad screen on the camera to enter a name I entered the computer name as above which was "imac"

9634304755_494a881d0b_b.jpg

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom