Anyone had experience of Cazoo Subscription?

Thatsnotmynaim

Distinguished Member
Complicated story, but the wife's EV car has to go back in a few months due to a job change. Due to legal complications (NCC) of the new / old company she can't even order a new car until Jun/Jul 22 and even then we will not know the new car lead times until around then. This will leaves her without a car for at least 6 months, but I guess with lead times it could be 12 or even 18 months. We're basically in a bit of limbo land for between 6-18 months, we don't even know the prices of a new car yet, it may not even be good value for money, so we may end up going our own route after seeing the pricing.
She has the option of borrowing her mums car which is a generous offer, but thinking about it, that may not really be practical as between them some days they pick one child each which won't work with one shared car.
So scouting round, we don't want to commit to a car for too long, but don't want to pay a fortune for the pleasure.
We've seen a recent advert for Cazoo Subscription cars at a price that seems only a bit more than leasing.
I know it's not as cheap as leasing or buying the same car for a period, but can't seem to work out if there's a catch? Looking at it it seems you can cancel any time for a £500 fee, so why not subscribe to a car over the maximum 36 months and then if need be cancel after 6 or 18 months, as works out cheaper than subscribing over say 12 or 24 months. Have I read this wrong or have a missed a catch? Has anyone else used them for subscription or just generally?

The latest video from AVForums

Sony Bravia XR A80J OLED TV Review
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom