Anyone had dealing with, steve dilworth / S D I

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by smartfarm, Aug 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smartfarm

smartfarm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I hope this is ok to post, I have tried to call him 20 or 30 times, sent LOTS of emails since October 2012 and he just does not respond anymore.

Steve if you are reading this I will give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you have not got my emails, calls, or SMS messages.

Can you please send me the stuff I bought from you urgently. If anyone knows how I can get hold of him it would be very helpful.

2. supraTTman

supraTTman
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +166
  3. smartfarm

smartfarm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hopefully he will see this thread and get in touch with me, if not I will bump one of his threads.

Thanks for posting

4. S D I

S D I
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    I'm in the USA at the moment send me a PM whoever you are

5. S D I

S D I
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    sorry paras I keep forgetting and have been working away non stop.
    I am back on August 25th or I can refund your money, let me know.

I'm getting this message when I try to reply.
    'smartfarm has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space'

6. S D I

S D I
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Paras, use the iCloud email address or my USA number

7. smartfarm

smartfarm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have cleared my PM box box so you can pm.

Im off to bed now, I will wait until the 25th but please don't forget as its been 10 or 11 months now.

8. YitEarp

YitEarp
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    You have been waiting for something 10-11 months?

9. S D I

S D I
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Yep, I was supposed to be working for him and bought a couple of second hand Rako dimmer packs for him from another CI. He wanted a couple for his Dad for spare I think.
    I was supposed to give them to him on the site survey before Christmas and it never materialised.
    I can't remember where I put them TBH. and never have time to look properly.
    I will dig them out when I get back.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  10. S D I

S D I
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
    Tried calling you a couple of times Paras. I'm back from states now. Please give me a call when you get a sec.

11. smartfarm

smartfarm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sent you a email. I am in the US at the moment but someone is home so you can ship it anytime.

12. S D I

S D I
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +114
  13. Preginaldp

Preginaldp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I as well have been waiting for Mr Steve Dilworth to pay for a TV he had of me (Pioneer 60") nearly two years ago.

After trying for a long time to get hold of him and various B--l-_it saying he would pay and then NOT. I went to the small claims court and registered a claim against him that was given.

I do have contact numbers for him if you want?

Kind Regards
    Philip

14. smartfarm

smartfarm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just a small update, I am still waiting for my Rako units. On Thursday he has said he will post it to my on friday so maybe they will arrive next week (I hope).

Just to give you guys a breakdown of events. Steve was supposed to come and quote to do some work for my cinema room. I bought 3 new Rako lighting units that he got from another CI which where left over from a pervious job.

He sent me a an invoice for £470 on 31.10.12, I paid the invoice in full on 01.11.12. Steven never managed to find time to fit me in to come and quote and I think my budget for the cinema room was not quite to the level he normally deals with (I only have £25k for cinema + lighting for the whole house).

Since then I have been chasing him for my Rako units but he has not found time to post them to me.

I dont think he is a scammer, he sounds like honest but disorganised guy.

EDIT: UPDATE

He just called me 2 min ago to say that he will get them posted to me today and they will be with me tuesday. I will keep this thread updated.

Philip, I have just told him you are looking for him.

15. IDS

IDS
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Philip, Steve is my father and I know about that particular TV. and you are leaving something out.
    It was bought in good faith for a show, you said there wasn't a mark on it but it had a smashed screen.

If you have his number why don't you call him, he will be happy to talk to you or PM me for contact details.

16. YitEarp

YitEarp
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +283
    Well he has since been banned so either this is not the thread it appears to be or he is indeed a scammer.

Not unknown for banned users to create new accounts either.....

17. smartfarm

smartfarm
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I dont think S D I has been banned??

He will be along to post a response soon I assume.

18. IDS

IDS
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    After a few warnings he was banned for arrogantly arguing and contradicting advertisers who then complained about him.
    There are a thousand or so posts on AVforum from my Dad showing him giving free help and advice which were determined to be self promotion so had to go or pay.

I'm not saying he was right and he made a lot of enemies (knotenough no doubt included) by keep getting in to it with people so I joined to keep an eye on things and keep him updated.

It's the easiest thing in the world to criticise him in his absence but our work speaks for itself.
    I am bound to say it's the forums loss long term but I hope to contribute in a smaller but gentler way while he no doubt will rant from time to time in the background.

19. Preginaldp

Preginaldp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Tv was picked up from my house by your dad knowing it had a cracked internal screen as it was listed very clearly on ebay with full pictures etc. yes indeed it was for pictures to be taken so did not need to work.
    your dad picked it up in his Mercedes estate and promised he would forward the payment me and I trusted him as he was is in the same business as me.

After chasing many times and being promised many many times for payment, this did not happen I was told that he was just waiting for payment from a client and would then pay me straight away. that again did not happen so I went to the small claims court and won my case.

I am happy if your dad would like to get this sorted out I also have emails from Steve saying about sorting out paying me with no mention of not being happy or mislead about the TV. I am happy to post these if you want proof.

Kind Regards
    Philip

20. IDS

IDS
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    PM me with your number and I will sort it out

21. IDS

IDS
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Well Phil, seems like you are intent on bad mouthing my dad rather than resolving it and I am not happy you have published his phone number in the USA so my offer to sort it is now withdrawn until you delete said post.

BTW. he paid you on the day sat next to you on your computer but you said you had given him the wrong Paypal address.
    The money left his Paypal account but was refunded to him later.

We have had horrendous problems getting paid since late 2009 and I am sure other CI's have had the same problem.
    We pick and choose jobs now and take progress payments so things are now settling down

I am working at the moment, will check your response later and see if you want to carry this on or resolve the issue.

We still have the TV set you sold under false pretences if you want it back BTW.
    He took your word for it there were no visible cracks and couldn't use it for the show.

22. Preginaldp

Preginaldp
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have deleted my message as you requested to resolve the problem and sort the very overdue payment out. Again the Tv was described accurately as faulty and with a cracked internal screen I also showed Pictures on Ebay of the unit switched on and off. Your dad did also inspect it before putting it in his car and there was not issues at all with the TV at the time and he again said he only needed it for a photo shoot and did not need to have it working at all!

In fact this is the first time in over two years that I have heard that there was a issue with the way i described the TV and as you know there have been many chances for you dad to inform me he was not happy!

you now have me number please give me a ring to sort payment I look forward to speaking to you later on today.

23. The Dreamer

The Dreamer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,206
    Guys,

Whatever the rights and wrongs going on in and around this thread, I'd just like to agree with IDS that this forum will be a poorer place without Steve. I know that feathers have been ruffled, and I hope that the issues here can be sorted amicably.

But I would just like it on record that I, personally, have to thank Steve, for the the ideas and help he has posted on this forum, as without his pictures of various installs, my own project would be lacking a little sparkle, that I hope it will now have (not finished yet, so fingers crossed!)

As I say, I hope all of the issues here can be sorted. A shame Steve has been forced to quit, IMHO.

24. IDS

IDS
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    very nice of you dreamer, he never stops getting messages and calls in a similar vein.

for all interested parties information, I've contacted Philip to sort the matter out once and for all.

25. Steven

Steven
    Senior Moderator

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,579
    Issues being resolved off-forum and AVForums is not a support site so thread closed
    This is untrue and an unacceptable allegation against the Moderation team.

S D I was banned for being argumentative and rude towards fellow forum members despite many requests, reminders and warnings about forum posting decorum and the rules. Categorically nothing to do with Forum Advertisers. The same standard applies to everyone without exception or bias.

Neither of you are welcome on AVForums per Rule 15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.