anyone had any problems mounting a plasma above a radiator?

neenan

Standard Member
Hi

Need some help please?

Im planning to mount a 50" (SAMSUNG PS50C96HD 50") plasma above a raidator. Will probably be about 6/12" above but i want to know if any one has experienced any problems mounting their plasma above a rad in this way?

All advice is appreciated.

regards
Mark

MAW

Banned
That's certainly the accepted wisdom. As installers, we often get 'told' to hang them in unsuitable locations, including the previous poster's products, and I don't think any of them have found their way back to him yet. If there was reall nowhere else to put it, I would install a wide radiator shelf, or better still a cabinet. Make the cabinet tall-ish, to witin 25mm of the plasma, then you can route all the cabling through it. The shadow between the plasma and top shelf will hide the wires. The advice is still 'don't do it', but other factors might override this, ie the wife! I've seen them over real fires and all sorts, generally they are pretty tough. Having said that, Sammy are known to look for any get out clause in the warranty, and I'd bet you'd be up the probverbial creek with no paddle if it went wrong.

T

Totomojo

Had my 42" plasma above a real synthetic fire (glowing coals etc) for radiated heat, for 18months. Only had the fire on in winter for effect as house has CH. Mantlepiece deflects rising heat. No problems.

BrianPK

I've my 32" lcd in our bedroom on its pedestal sitting on a shelf which is made up of 2 sheets of white 3/4" medite i.e 1and1/2 " thick.The top sheet is about 2" wider than the bottom and extends about 10" out above the radiator.If you are anyway handy you can make it look almost professional(at least my wife is well pleased with it)This has been the situation for 13 months without any problems.I've checked the temp.above the shelf with a thermometer on a few occasions and its the same as the room temp.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom