• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone had an out of warranty Richer Sounds repair???

james_19742000

Hi all,

I bought an Hitachi 42PD5200 from RS just over 3 years ago, and have been really pleased with it, and personally still think from a personal point of view that it gives a superb picture and I havent seen anything on the market that gives as good a picture.

Well the dreaded 'no power' has happened to it, doing a search on here it appears that this no power is a fairly common fault on this Hitachi, so I took out the panel protect from RS when I bought it, and remembered it was a 5 year policy, so went into RS yesterday, they pulled up my details etc and it was actually a 3 year policy, not a 5 year one that I had bought, the policy is about 4 weeks out of date, the staff were helpful and have said they will contact there team and see if they can organise a repair, but I just wondered if this is a realistic hope or not? Has anyone else had a repair etc out of warranty from RS, if so, what do they do?

If they wont repair it then I will need to replace it and as I am skint at the moment and will be for a while, my only option is to get one on my Littlewoods Account, the cheapest on there is the Philips (cant remember the part number) but it is the cheapone, and with my discounts and quid co etc I can get it for about £400 so would this one be any good, anyone got any details etc etc etc?

Or can I get the Hitachi repaired for a reasonable rate, anyone any ideas??

Please help, as I am Plasma'less at the moment and it is driving me mad!!!! :-(

Thanks in advance, James.

Brooktop

Can't imagine the repair will cost that much... probably just a board or power unit or something and shouldn't cost more than £150 I would have thought.

andyr300

you should dig out your receipt if it says 5yrs then you really should get it done for free!

james_19742000

Well RS contacted me today as promised to let me know they are keen to get something sorted out, so hopefully will have some news in the next day or so to let me know what they are doing!!!! :)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom