Anyone had an ebay SKY HD box repaired?

nickp8

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had to have a SKY box from ebay repaired?

Will Thomson deal with the end user directly if the box is under warranty?

Just want to know how the repair process works and who to contact.

Thanks.

Yes I have. The company who repair them is called A-Novo UK based in Shipley, West Yorks which is the same address as Pace - work that one out! The phone number to call is 0800 389 6916. I tried to find out how to contact Thomson and got no where. The address on the HD owners manual doesn't give a phone number an if you google the address it gives you nothing.
A-Novo are Thomson's warranty agents and they collected my HD box and returned it and the fault still apparent. I called again and it was collected 2nd time and I sent it back with big complaint letter. It took awhile to come back again as a part had to be ordered in. It was returned and has been OK ever since.
Good luck,

Andy.

Thanks for the info. Did they request an invoice or anything to show proof of purchase?

Thanks.

Can't of done because I never had such a thing. I gave them serial number etc and not a problem.

Andy,

Did the repair company tell you what had failed in the HD box, was it the PSU or one of the tuner cards?

Glad they got it done for you in the end!

I managed to blag a free repair from Sky themselves. Engineer came round and did a straight swap and has been faultless since.

how did u manage that? mine is faulty but sky say they will only check wiring dish not the box.

Looks like they have changed the rules. They say they no longer book repairs unless you have an ASA number (Authorised Selling Agent) and a receipt which you must fax them first before they will book a collection!

they are coming to mine on sat 8 till 1 slot so i will wait and see what the engineer does

engineer just been and swapped the box, refurb but im happy now if theyve done it once any more probs hopefully they will do it again

What did you say on the phone to Sky to get the 'free' callout/replacement etc?

My box off ASA on ebay is fine but seeing all the problems people have on here makes me want to be prepared for when a problem arises!

:rolleyes:

I rang again on Friday and spoke to a different person. He didnt ask for an ASA number of the retailer the box was bought from. He said if once they get the box, the serial number shows on their system that the box is no longer under warranty then they will ask for a copy of the purchase receipt.

My box was booked in on Friday and collected the same day by City Link.

I did contact the company on ebay I got the box off for their ASA number and had no reply. I guess the safe thing to do is if buying on ebay make sure you buy the box off a company who are an ASA of SKY.

I rang again on Friday and spoke to a different person. He didnt ask for an ASA number of the retailer the box was bought from. He said if once they get the box, the serial number shows on their system that the box is no longer under warranty then they will ask for a copy of the purchase receipt.

My box was booked in on Friday and collected the same day by City Link.

I did contact the company on ebay I got the box off for their ASA number and had no reply. I guess the safe thing to do is if buying on ebay make sure you buy the box off a company who are an ASA of SKY.

The problem is that Sky have clamped down, and many of the providers on ebay who were ASA have recently lost their status, like DealingDigital who I bought both of my boxes from......

Still if the don't ask you don't have to lie :cool:

I got mine from DealingDigital. They didnt reply to my message so didnt know they had lost their ASA.

I got mine from DealingDigital. They didnt reply to my message so didnt know they had lost their ASA.

I had difficulty getting hold of them but unfortunately that was the news when I did...

Cheers

They sent my box back in a brown box and kept my original box! If you want your original box dont send it to them.

The paper work didnt metion what was repaired. Tried the box and fault was still there. Rang them up and they said no fault found. I clearly explained when I sent the box to them what the fault was and how get the fault to occur.

Had them re-collect the box and included a video of the fault. They now have found the fault and are waiting for a part but no ETA on the part.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom