• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone had an Acer cracked screen issue?

aliasojo

Established Member
My Acer Aspire One netbook has developed an unexplainable cracked screen. It is used only occasionally in one room and is never taken out. When not being used, it sits by itself on a side table. It has not been dropped or had anything dropped on it. There is absolutely no reason why this should have happened.

I started searching the net to get an idea about replacement screen cost, when I found loads of posts from people who have had the same thing happen. Acer have denied there is any kind of screen issue and are charging sizeable amounts to replace the screens. There seems too many instances for this to be co-incidental and I feel there must be some inherent fault (bit like the Samsung RS21 fridge freezer issue which Samsung denied any problems with but eventually accepted there was a problem and took responsibility for).

I'd be interested to know if anyone here has had this problem?

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom