1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had a TV serviced by John Lewis?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by dougbryson, Aug 27, 2001.

1. dougbryson

dougbryson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,

My two year old Hitachi C24W1TN has just blown up on me - something popped behind the picture tube with a puff of smoke. I bought it in John Lewis so I called the service people and they're going to call me tomorrow to arrange for someone to come and have a look at it.

Has anyone had any experiences with their servicing engineers? Are they pretty quick at sorting problems out or am I looking at a few weeks stuck with my 14" portable while they take my widescreen away?

If it proves to be beyond repair are you entitled to upgrade to a better set (paying the extra cost of course) or will they only offer a like for like replacement?

I'd be interested to hear anyone's experiences.

Doug.

2. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I bought my TV from J.L. in P'boro some years ago. When it died some three years later and their service agents (they use a third party company) were unable to fix it, I was able to choose a new set to the equivelant price. Unless their policy has changed, You should not have to many problems.