Anyone had a kitchen installed recently?

Naaktgeboren

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We are looking to have a new kitchen fitted soon so naturally have started looking around to get an idea of costs. I found the following information on the Which guide and was wondering if this is realistic?

Install kitchen - smallKitchen size approx 10' x 6' (3.05m x 1.83m). Remove six double units and worktops. Install six double units (four base units, 1000mm; two wall units, 1000mm) and worktops (approx 4000mm in total). No decorating needed.£600 £458-£853 2–3 days

Install kitchen - mediumKitchen size approx 10'10” x 10' 7” (3.30m x 3.22m). Remove eight double units and worktops. Install eight double units (five base units, 1000mm; three wall units, 1000mm) and worktops (approx 5000mm in total). No decorating needed.£800 £660-£1,100 3–5 days

Install kitchen - largeKitchen size approx 17' 6” x 12' (5.33m x 3.66m). Remove 12 double units and worktops. Install 12 double units (eight base units, 1000mm; four wall units, 1000mm) and worktops (approx 8000mm in total). No decorating needed.£1,063 £838-£1,500 4-6 days

Our old kitchen as about 3x3, modern house, completely ripped out, walls plastered and new put in it came to around £4500 all in, including taking out a radiator as well. Took them a week to do, this included all fixtures fittings, new white goods and redecorating.

I'm having a new kitchen in two weeks, unfortunately i have no idea of cost as the housing association is paying for it. :laugh:

We had our kitchen ripped out last week. The new one is being installed at the moment. The kitchen was stripped back to the bare frame, new plaster board installed, new electrics. Dinning area is being redecorated as well. We've gone for high end units, appliances and worktops so the whole thing is costing around £15k!

Had our kitchen re done a few years ago, cost about 22k for everything and took about 5 weeks. Still very pleased with it though.

Kitchens and Bathrooms are labour intensive.

Not only is it the cost for the units and appliances etc but there are a lot of hidden costs- electrics, plastering, lighting, flooring, tiling etc etc.

I have only installed one or two kitchens because my line of work is Bathrooms but the average Bathroom starts at around £6k

Some people think this is reasonable, others could never justify spending that amount.

I'm sure you can get a basic kitchen installed for a reasonable amount but to get everything perfect I would budget in excess of £8/£9k

It really depends what you want though.

I'm sure you can get a basic kitchen installed for a reasonable amount but to get everything perfect I would budget in excess of £8/£9k

It really depends what you want though.

Agreed, I get my kitchens from magnet trade, I could buy the units for as little as a grand to many many thousands for the same kitchen.

Be careful with the likes of which guides as they are basing it on like for like, once you start altering the layout (move sink, etc) all that goes out of the window.

Equally things like changing tiles, sockets etc will not be included, they will also have averaged price ie London price will be very different to sensible northern prices, so treat it all with a pinch of salt,

Last edited:
Yes, the prices throughout the country will vary hugely. Mainly down to the cost of living.

If anyone has ever worked in London as a tradesman they will know it is hugely expensive to get anything done.

Even 20 years ago when I worked in London, just popping down to the Plumbers merchants to get some odds and sods meant two hours in the van.

Even 20 years ago when I worked in London, just popping down to the Plumbers merchants to get some odds and sods meant two hours in the van.

I don't know how you do it, 6 months of being a delivery driver in London put me off it for life

I don't do it anymore thankfully.

Everyone I ever knew has moved out of London now.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom