Anyone had a DVD 3800 drive replaced here?

sparkz

Standard Member
Has anyone had the drive on a DVD 3800 replaced here by Denon under warranty or for free? If so how old was it when this happened?

I have a 3800 which was very temporamental with DVDs (mine are all R1). With many it would totally refuse or lock up. After about 6 months I read about players having laser issues and phoned Denon and was told that wasn't true and there weren't any issues at all with the player. They only suggestion was I take it to my dealer for a firmware upgrade - which made no difference.

Now after 30 months it is almost totally unplayable. It just makes lots of strange loud noises and throws up read errors on the screen.

Denon say I can send it in to be repaired at a cost. I don't think it's right to pay so much for something to fail so soon particulaly when it probably due to inferior or faulty parts from the beginning.

Thanks for any info...

Mark

Cable Monkey

If they did do drive replacements on a particular drive, you may need to determine if yours is one and put a case for a free replacement to them. How do you determine what drive is fitted?

sparkz

Standard Member
By the serial nos I would assume. This site shows the serial nos for the laser pickup problem? Denon denied there where any laser pickup issues when I asked them if my player could be fixed.

Cable Monkey

If your serial number is in the range specified I think you should be less willing to take no for an answer.

Trending threads

Top Bottom