Anyone got the Xpand 105 lite active glasses?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by BenRC, Aug 30, 2013.

1. BenRC

BenRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    hate the panny ones supplied with my 50GT60, the lenses are tiny and the frames are thick and extremely reflective. testing Hugo 3d in the dark last night and it was like tiny white eyelashes all around the edge from the reflection of the movie on the frames. who designs these things?

Anyway, ordered some 105s, the lenses seem nice and big and the frame looks a lot thinner. Anyone using them? whaddya think?

2. BenRC

BenRC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +608
    Im gonna paste from the GT60 thread, mods feel free to delete if thats a no-no....

My xpand 105 lite glasses arrived this morning.
    Not keen at all on the panny ones supplied with this TV, rims too thick, too shiny and too small.
    Bought the 105s on the basis that if thee was no real difference theyd be going back.
    Happy to say theyre fantastic! the actual lens is only slightly bigger, but the frames are much much thinner and lighter and they sit closer to your face, especially with the removable nose bridge, so they actually fill much more of my field of vision. They are also a matt finish, so no reflections off the TV interfering with the 3d effect. They're rechargeable too, using a standard mini usb port.
    So, after testing them out today I can definitely say they're a vast improvement. Attenboroughs 3d insect show looked stunning, as does Hugo and Killzone on ps3.
    I wouldnt say the 3d effect is any better, I think its probably the same, but the fact they fill so much more of my field of vision and theres no reflections at all make for a much better and more comfortable viewing experience.
    £60 is a hell of a lot of cash for them, but im down to half battery on one pair of the panny ones already, so theres a small saving to be had, and when youve spent £1200 on a TV, I suppose an extra £60 isn't that much.

Very happy with them, recommended!