Anyone got the Talisman Whisper Fans??

geowars2

Im thinking about buying these for my 360 as the current fans are crap!

My brothers 360 for some reason has different fans in his (its not modded) and they push out more air and his 360 is noticeably cooler...

Hopefully the talismans fans will be even better and stop my 360 from crashing completely, but i just want to know if anyone has these and if they are any good?

also do i really need a special 360 opening tool that you always see as my friend says he opened his with only a fine screwdriver and his bare hands!

Thanks!

Spinke

Do you have any more information on the talisman fans? I haven't even checked what size the fans are yet.

RandomLee

Distinguished Member
Check on xbox-scene mate.

Anything relating to modding xboxes will be covered in great detail on there.

I was thinking about getting them but will wait and see how my 360 runs by the time the warranty runs out in August. I dont want to crack it open till then!

Spinke

They push a lot more air but 38d(B)a rather than 41d(B)a, that's still far too loud for me. I'd 9v them straight away, turn those horrible leds off too.

I'll check what size they are when I take one of mine apart, can soon take the outer edges off to make it fit - just need to know what size they are!

geowars2

They push a lot more air but 38d(B)a rather than 41d(B)a, that's still far too loud for me. I'd 9v them straight away, turn those horrible leds off too.

I'll check what size they are when I take one of mine apart, can soon take the outer edges off to make it fit - just need to know what size they are!

hi

i dont know what you mean about size :confused:

if i bought them don't i just take the old fans out and put the new talisman fans in out of the box?

Spinke

Sorry, I was talking about the size of the fans used in the 360 so I could pick and choose my own fans to fit, rather than the Talisman.

I would assume you could do a straight swap with the Talisman, but don't expect a great deal of difference on the noise front.

geowars2

i dont mind noise :thumbsup:

the dvd drive is already so loud it causes my bedroom floor to vibrate :rotfl: (it creates a low pitched noise - like a subwoofer)

anyways im going to buy the fans and hopefully with just a few screwdrivers will be able to open my case :thumbsup:

geowars2

yep i got one (i think)

i was on xbox scene and found that there was a pretty good temperature drop using the talisman fans...

there are also other mods such as new ram chip heatsinks and new thermal paste which makes for a cooler xbox but i wont be trying any of those... for now at least...

I cant wait to get my fans lol a cooler 360 means a happy 360 and a happy 360 will live longer :thumbsup:

in other words the cooler it is the longer it will last and less it will crash for me :clap:

Sy1441

You need a torx 10 to take a 360 apart. Also some sort of thin flat tool, a precision screwdriver would work. Its not difficult but can be frustrating.

c3ham

Hi
i have those fans and they make more noise than the microsoft ones but they seem to pass more air :D

Bilbob

Well, when my warranty ran out (launch console) I attacked it good style...:)

New face plate in gloss black, talismoon fans, and de-gunked the coolers and refitted them.

Result? Run's a little quieter, but more importantly, it runs quieter for longer before the fans kick in. There was a fantastic amount of gunk on the cpu/gpu's. And horrible tacky gunk it was too, took ages and a lot of care to clean thoroughly. But I got there, used new paste, refitted coolers, and the new fans. They are meant to be a direct replacement, but they weren't perfect, but were close enough.

geowars2

Well, when my warranty ran out (launch console) I attacked it good style...:)

New face plate in gloss black, talismoon fans, and de-gunked the coolers and refitted them.

Result? Run's a little quieter, but more importantly, it runs quieter for longer before the fans kick in. There was a fantastic amount of gunk on the cpu/gpu's. And horrible tacky gunk it was too, took ages and a lot of care to clean thoroughly. But I got there, used new paste, refitted coolers, and the new fans. They are meant to be a direct replacement, but they weren't perfect, but were close enough.

hi
i dont think im going to touch paste or anything like that lol because i havent done anything like that before :eek:

Anyways do you mean when you say "they weren't perfect" that the fans were a tight fit?

also was there any dust in your xbox when you opened it, as that might be worth cleaning as well :smashin:

matt5cott

normal_200320071503.jpg

I have these running on mine, I decided to get them when my out of warranty 360 died, the replacement I got had noticably noisier fans, so put the talis in, much quieter :)

The latest video from AVForums

Movies Podcast: Star Trek in 4K. Is the new boxset worth it?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom