Anyone got the new iPod Hi-Fi and whats's it like in action?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Sluggster, Mar 25, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Sluggster

Sluggster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I want to get an iPod speaker system for the bedroom and was wondering if anyone has tried the new iPod Hi-Fi yet. How does it compare to similar priced alternatives?

2. Mossyman

Mossyman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have not bought one YET! :smashin: But, had a good listen in an Apple Store and it sounded excellent (V noisy store though as you can imagine! :eek: )

Very powerful and produced some serious bass. Seemed well made and looked good.

Cheers!

Mossyman :cool:

3. Sluggster

Sluggster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I took the plunge and bought one after visiting a few reviews on the net.

On the whole I'm pleased with it. It sounds pretty good off my ipod and you can actually tell that Grace (Geoff Buckley) is recorded using analogue equipment. It gives a warm sound and fills the bedroom up nicely. Obviously it does not match a proper hi-fi.

It was the one mains lead and one box solution that appealed to me most of all and the fact it looks pretty good on the dresser (compared to a 3 box solution).

4. dilsher

dilsher

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    There are several good options out there - the best docking solution by far being Monitor Audio's I-Deck for £250. Kills the Bose dead, and is far more hi-fi proper than the OK-ish Ipod Hi-Fi.

But in the end I settled on non-docking using the I-pod thru mains into the new Russ Andrews Rave USB amp and speakers for £199 plus cabling...truly wonderful..and real hi-fi to boot. Very loud and accurate and Input 3 is configured for I-pod output thru its headphone jack.