anyone got the GAME 3 year warranty?

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by Barso, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Barso

Barso
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    can anyone tell me how good this warranty is as it seems to good to be true! accidental damsge and all postage to and from your address is covered for 3 years for just £34.99. will they really give you a brand new PS3 if it cant be fixed or will you receive a refurbished PS3?

2. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    There will be plenty of things that aren't covered - read the T&C before signing up (although they don't make them easy to find... outside forums it's hard to find out that this warranty even exists).

The problem with accidental damage is it can be interpreted so differently. If you drop the PS3 and break it was that accidental or deliberate?

3. BHSean

BHSean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you intended to drop it, it was deliberate

Otherwise it was an accident

4. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    Now prove it to the insurance company.

5. BHSean

BHSean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Do you have to prove it?

6. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    If they ask, yes. Insurance companies generally don't want to pay out if they can help it. For larger claims they even have people who will turn up on your doorstep and interrogate you. Don't think they'd do that for a £50 repair job but certainly for bigger stuff eg. theft they most certainly will if they're even remotely suspicious - I know people this happened to.. not only did they have the stress of someone stealing their stuff some snotty nosed guy in a suit turns up and basically accuses them of trying to defraud the company.

Plus if it's not repairable they'll subtract wear and tear from the price (usually at a much larger rate than you'd expect) so you wouldn't get £425 back.

7. BHSean

BHSean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Never made a claim so I'm not familiar with the process, but sounds fairly pointless to provide cover against accidental damage if they demand proof it was an accident

Would be kind of suspicious if someone provided videotaped evidence of the accident in progress

8. Tony Hoyle

Tony Hoyle

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +231
    I'm sure that's been tried.

I'm equally sure a few 360's got 'dropped' just before the PS3 release. The companies are wise to that too...

They'll always go for a repair first so unless you drop it 30 feet onto concrete (which going to look *very* suspicious - 'why were you holding your ps3 over a 3rd floor balcony in the first place?') all you'd achieve would be to lose your PS3 for a few days and end up with a working but slightly cracked one.

9. avolee

avolee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +734
    i have it, and it seems ok from what i`ve read. scratches and marks are not covered, accidental damage is covered for the first year i think, any problems in the first year and you can take it back to the shop. not bad for the price.:thumbsup:

10. BHSean

BHSean

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No need to drop a 360, you just need to look at it funny and it breaks :)

11. james.miller

james.miller

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +143
    it's funny 'cause its true lol

12. staxdoobie

staxdoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Absolutely true. Years ago, a particularly clumsy dog of ours knocked a hi-fi off a table, rendering it knackered and very dented. It was only a cheapish Akai thing (£300ish), but before they would pay out, the insurance company insisted on sending round two gentlemen in suits to question me, Morse and Lewis-style, as to the details of said dog-related incident. Bizarre really. I suppose they must get that many fraudulent claims that they still deem this kind of thing necessary. Anyway, they paid up in the end.

13. staxdoobie

staxdoobie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    Oh, and I did get the Game warranty, by the way. The guy insisted it covered me for EVERYTHING, but then he would say that. To be honest, I'd already racked up over 500 notes on the console, games and extra controller, so it was very much a case of, "Sod it, what's another 35 quid?" It's probably not worth the paper it's written on. Allegedly.

14. mr_vic

mr_vic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I have it too. The chap in the shop told me that if i threw the controller in a fit of rage, it would be covered! OR if is were to pick up my Ps3, hug it and drop it, it would be covered.

For £10ish a year, its worth the additional peice of mind.

15. Nero

Nero

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    The people you are talking about are loss adjusters. They are not there because the insurance companyy think you are lying. If you are entiltled to the claim you will get paid out. Where the problems occur is when people have not read their policies.

Regards the wear and tear it is dependant on your policy what your entitled to.

16. Robbie Razzler

Robbie Razzler

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +99
    I was going to get it but when you read the small print, it hardly covers you for anything, eg if you break the controller by pressing too hard on a button, they don't cover you for that, only if the controller has a technical fault for example

17. M4CCA

M4CCA
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    avoid this. look at reviewing your home ins policy instead. you probably have this level of cover already. game = weird looking men wearing purple ill fitting shirts saying things like ? thankyou for calling game middlesbrough where you can buy the wii + 5 games for only £672.97? :suicide: