Anyone got the Denon 3805/3910 combo?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Gorshin, Mar 30, 2005.

1. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    ie this and this

I'm getting very tempted by this combo as a do it all movies and music system. From what I've read it is fantastic for music as well as dvds, especially via the denon link. Any advice/comments?

2. Selfar

Selfar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gorshin,

Yes I have this combo, I just got the 3910 ten days ago. By the way, I got both from Avland. I used to have Denon 3802, Sony NS 905 and Polk audio speakers.

Really it is a great combo for music and DVDs. I tried the Dlink, for DVDs and DVD audio
    It sounds really great; I recognized the difference at once concerning the DVDs. However,It was my first time to try DVD audio, I liked it very much.

For analog, digital and pure direct modes the sound was fantastic. Concerning SACD, after hearing it from this combo, I believe that Sony invented this format but Denon is the one who made us enjoy it.

For the HDMI and DVI outputs, I didn’t try them. I have a Loewe Arcada TV with YUV
    Input and no progressive scan. So you have to make sure of the capabilities of your display in order to take advantage of this combo, mainly the 3910 capabilities.

3. Wild Rumpus

Wild Rumpus
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Hi, I have this combo too and I'm well impressed so far. I demoed it against the Arcam AVR300/DVD89 and both myself and my wife preferred the Denon, even for CD replay. It doesn't sound anything like as good as my old Naim seperates on CD, but then I didn't expect it to. However, it does sound good enough to enjoy listening to music and even the built-in tuner is pretty decent (seems to be better than the Denon TU260L that I used to have)