Anyone got sat nav with MP3

Dave T

Standard Member
Reaction score
Sorry thread went live before finished title!!

Sat nav with MP3 play capabilities ?

Work Ok... Or is nav side rubbish... Or music play function not up to par?
Or hopefully great!

Just wondering if anyone has one of these, they seem quite cheap in comparison to branded sat navs
But cheap isn't necessarily good as we all know!

I was looking at a tablet that had multiple functions, apps etc but settling more for decent sat nav, mp3 play would be ideal plugged through phono jack into my current system

Anyone got one? Views?

Thanks

Nice one thankyou!
Actually as a revision do some of the tom toms etc play MP3s now? I think they might?
If you have one, if it's plugged into car stereo through head phone jack does it play over speakers?

I've got an older tomtom, go720 and yes mp3's can be added. Wether it plays over the car speakers I don't know, I havn't investigated that aspect.

I have a, now old, TT 520 that also plaus mp3s... with a FM transmitter or cabled connection.
SD card plugs in.
Versatile and not bad in use... but not available to buy any more.
Biggest prob is voice guidance interriptong rather than dipping music

That's a very good point and I did mean to say that the SD card feature is a real bonus. It's something I would look for if replacing my current TT.

Ok thanks chaps... Didn't realise they did! Thought it was just the Chinese import units....
Could be a plan.. I think they have phone Bluetooth as well..
I'm just trying to get away from having multiple units plugged in and on holders! My old ... I mean old! Sat nav is about done, so a combined unit would be ideal.

Only issue to sort is hopefully compatible plug in bit as it's an American car

Yes, Bluetooth built in, model dependant of course.

I'm not sure here, but is the earthing different on an American car !

It may be, trying to find out.. Mines even weirder as it's an import, but went to Saudi first.. So has euro bits to it, and also US bits too!

Yeah confusing then.

I seem to remember reading somewhere about the earthing, I could be wrong though.

I have to ask now, what car is it ?

Very! Trying to find out via VIN number.. But even that's proving difficult..
It's a Corvette..
Please tell me you have a viper! :)

I'm sure you're looking into this anyway, but it has something to do with a negative earth and a positive earth. US cars may have a positive earth, whereas ours have a negative earth.

Thankyou for that! Good spot.
There is a adapter that supposedly works, you have to,plug it into,the auto changer

Ok bit if an update on this in case anyone is in similar position..
I'm looking at tom tom 700 or 900 series as it has...
Bluetooth connection to phone
MP3 play capability
It also can connect via FM transmitter to stereo .. If that works that would be great!

Other bits remote control, and voice recognition etc.. First out a fortune , now on eBay sub £100

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom