1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got S/PDIF passthru working on a A7V8X?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Underscore, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

The HTPC is now coming together quite nicely but I still have the problem using the S/PDIF output with TheaterTek. It is fine until I interrupt the playback by pausing, chapter skipping, etc., at which point the video will fast forward for a few seconds before going back to normal - a couple seconds ahead of the audio. I've upgraded to the latest RealTek drivers (3.41) and have just received the files to patch my .18 download of TT1.5 to .23, to see if that fixes it. I'm curious to know if anyone else has managed to get TT1.5 working with the A7V8X, and what drivers you are using?

Failing this, I guess that forgetting about the on-board sound and installing a known good card is the way to go. I see that the SBLive! 5.1 is ~£25 inc VAT and is what TT suggest. However, the SB 4.1 Digital is about half the price and I don't need the additional features that the Live! provides. Does anyone have it working with TT1.5?

TIA,

_

2. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    My brother is using the A7V8X with realtek drivers and Theatretek but I'll have to get the versions but AFAIK they are the drivers on the install disk for the soundcard and 1.5.23 for theatretek.

3. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Interesting. I think the Asus install disc has the 3.32 drivers. Could you ask which output device he is using for TT? I'm using the default waveout at the mo', though the driver specific DirectSound also worked - but had the same problems IIRC.

Thanks,

_

4. JohnS

JohnS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I think it was direct sound.

5. nfordenfield

nfordenfield
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My deluxe works fine with the SPDIF out, straight out of the box.

Sorry do not know drivers etc, just getting into this HTPC.

Rgds

Nathan

6. Underscore

Underscore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Deluxe? Have you got the A7V8X or the A7N8X? The latter is fine, I've been told, but I've (since buying it) heard of a number of problems regarding S/PDIF and the former. Guess that it's something to do with the VIA chipset since I think that they both use the RealTek sound...

Cheers,

_