Anyone got one of these 19" TVs?

sonofluigi

Standard Member
Hi, got a gift list going at John Lewis, so for a 19" kitchen telly I need to choose of the following:

Toshiba 19DV665DB
LG 19LU7000
JVC LT-19DD1
Philips 19PFL3404D Which? rating 53%
Panasonic Viera TX-L19X10 Which? rating 69%
Sharp Aquos LC19SH7EBK Which? rating 46%
Samsung LE19B450C4W
LG 19LH2000
Toshiba 19AV615DB

Does anyone have any experience/opinions on any of these?

A wide viewing angle will be nice, and the ability for it to stay on the same source/channel when you turn it on, also please can you say what you've used it for i.e. SD/HD.

Thanks

TimT

Standard Member
I saw the Panasonic Viera TX-L19X10 today in Currys they had a couple other 19 inch LG's and some Samsungs, it looked the best to me, Panasonic are known for their wide viewing angles as they use IPS panels but I don't know if they use it on this model.

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
I bought 2 of those Sharp LC19SH7EBKs , one for our dining room and 1 for my parents.
Decent price at Richer sounds.
No setup problems (even on an indoor aerial post Freeview DSO for the dining room one).
Sound could be louder but that's a normal issue with small TVs - no room for a decent sized speaker.
Hooked it up to a pair of spare PC speakers for my parents' TV (as they are 86 and Mum's a little audibly challenged, although she won't admit it).
No complaints about either audio or video from them now (in Stafford, where they're still pre DSO but normally watch via Freeview now).

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom