1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone Got Morrowind Yet

Discussion in 'General Video Gaming Chat' started by Garrett, Jun 7, 2002.

1. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Any one got Morrowind for the PC yet, I was wondering is it good, and beautiful as the download of a taster, and how does it run on you machine i.e. is it speed intensive.. As I played the last one in the Elder Scrolls series Dagerfall and I really enjoyed that.

2. Azrikam

Azrikam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I friend of mine says he's been playing it for weeks and is just scratching the surface of the quests. I know that's not much in the way of info, but it's good enough to keep me interested. :)

I'm hoping for some info on the XBox version. I know it'll ship without the editor, but since my laptop won't run the PC version, I'm hoping the XBox conversion is worth picking up.

3. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only just got it playing it on my athlon 1.6 with geforce ti 550, me is a warrior. I love the water affects.

4. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Does any one know anything about the contents of this? The Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind Gold Pack. I know there is an add on pack Morrowind Add On: Tribunal, but what is in the Gold???

5. JamesW

JamesW
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had the XBox version for since the summer. Poor combat and a bit buggy, but overall a good, large scale RPG. It needs a lot of your time though, and it's not really a game you can just play for short periods.

6. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Quite a few months ago since I last played it, I wasn't very impressed with it. The graphics and the whole world is gorgeous but the animation and combat is so damn awful. Some will like the way it's so open ended but I didn't know what I was doing half the time and just walked around trying to find something to do. I didn't see all of the game but the dungeons were all pretty small and not very interesting, I'd stick with Neverwinter Nights.

7. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    Splinter

If it is anything like Daggerfall it was open-ended and you could go round doing missions for experience, or you could go for the plot and complete the game, but it was better if you did a bit of both. I’m sure if you just wanted to go for the plot the will be a web site to tell you where to go to follow it.

8. Splinter

Splinter

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just had no will to make more progress than I did. I ended up doing lots of taking letters to someone the other side of the island and delivering messages, and the experience system seemed a bit messed up. It's very easy to become a high level character capable of defeating the most powerful monsters pretty quickly.

If you want to become skilled with a blade you just keep hitting the mouse button swinging at thin air for 10 minutes to raise the skill. It's a system easily exploited.

But one thing good about the game is you can just sit and stare at the water and sky if the game doesn't do it for you.

9. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,463
    I got round to buying the game and I’m enjoying it I have to agree it is the most lovely looking game I have seen, the water effects are good, as is when it rains on it. I also like looking at the sky on a clear night or when there are just a few clouds (some still catch in light rays) as they move across the sky. Also the sun moves across the sky as the day passes by.