1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got Kef 5005 speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Mr Bimmer, Dec 27, 2003.

1. Mr Bimmer

Mr Bimmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Has anyone tried the new Kef 5005 speaker package. I have just bought a Panasonic AX5i amp and a Bose Acoustimass 10 speaker package. I gather that practically no-one on here likes Bose. The Bass is lost at one end of my room (29' x 13') I have them on a 14 day trial, so I can return them

The speaker package that I go for must be wife friendly i.e. small and discrete. I have seen and heard the Kef eggs, but I wasn't that impressed in their stereo music performance. Are the 5005 speakers any better?

I have about £1000 to spend, so any other recommendations?

2. briggsy

briggsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    5005's are excellent. I demo'd and bought them a few weeks ago.
    I've still waiting for them to arrive. It was funny that when I went to the Bristol show low and behold 5005's make an apearance and sounded superb. Dont get eggs for Stereo. Great for movies. But the 5005 are well worth the extra price. They did shine more when using SACD and DVD-audio. Remember it is still a sat system so it cant compete with full size speakers.
    I needed a sub sat system that could do a decent job with stereo and 5005 are the best thing I heard and I went to a lot of demo's.

3. fred123go

fred123go
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    the 5005's are superb, haha i have said this also in like 3 other threads. Heard them at Bristol and they sounded like a real expensive speaker package, i am getting these to replace my M&K's. Although i probably will be keeping my servo 15 sub and just get 7 of the sats.
    it is not that they were better than my M&K's as tbh all this is subjective, but i just prefer the KEF sound.
    I am not going to hurry to get them as the KEF rep said that they have a huge back log of orders so i will think they come out in sevenoaks and other shops in another 3-4 months.
    i can't wait.
    fred

4. Mr Bimmer

Mr Bimmer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I bought definitive technology Mythos in the end. They sound excellent, but they also look fantastic.