• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Anyone got John Lewis to pricematch AshtonTV recently?

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
Asking because when I sent a request, the rejection was given because.....

"this competitor is not based on a high street and therefore does not trade on the same basis as ourselves."

Now the shop in question isn't on a 'high' street, but definitely on a street, and of the 'walk in and buy' variety. Seems like a load of old cobblers to me, and they just try and wriggle out of it.

addarioo

Established Member
Did you PM online or in store?

Looking at their website they seem to only hire equipment? Do they sell in store?

If they do sell then try what I had to do below.

If you did it in store then call them up and ask to speak to the price match team, go through it with them and get them to bring it up on google street view whilst your on the phone. The store doesn't show the trading name on the front only on the side so make sure to tell them if they give you any nonsense about that.

I had to do all this to get them to price match premier av cause they were telling me the store didn't trade under the same name even though it was printed right on the front lol.

Joe Pineapples

Distinguished Member
I did it through their online form thing. Will give them a ring, though now have found another place for same price...Sonic Direct (also with a shop), so will see if they'll do one with them.

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom