Anyone got GMA X3000 integrated graphics?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by Combatcolin, May 1, 2007.

1. Combatcolin

Combatcolin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Money is tight but i want to upgrade my PC, decided to settle on Intel, and im tempted by the new (ish) GMA X3000 integrated GPU that Intel offers.

From the specs its clock is almost 3 x my old AGP 9550 and runs on system RAM - which is a lot quicker than my cards 266 DDR.

Anyone got a vaguely similar setup and can posts some fps, Quicktime, WOW, etc.

Thanks

CC

2. MisterSix

MisterSix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I don't know where you got the idea that system RAM is quicker than dedicated VRAM - it most certainly isn't, due to bottlenecking over the FSB and the PCI/AGP bus.

Since your GFX card is now practically antique, you might notice some improvement but nobody with any card exceeding an nVidia 7200 or Radeon X1550 would - in fact, the dear old X800/X850 would probably outpace the integrated chips purely due to memory addressing issues, although they do lack Shader Model 3.0

3. Combatcolin

Combatcolin
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The boards im intrested in have 800Hmz FSB, which is faster than the 266Mhz DDR RAM in my old card.

The new bearlake boards look cool, so i can wait a bit longer.

As i don't like PC based FPS, my xBox is fine for that, the only games i still play on my PC are predominantly mouse interface type games, WOW Sim City etc.