1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone got digital out on audigy2 to work?

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by rsvrmille, Aug 13, 2003.

1. rsvrmille

rsvrmille

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried everything. I have the right connecter (3.5m to rca) and have a single coax lead running to the amp (Sony STRDB930). The problem is I'm only getting stereo.

I have ticked digital output only everywhere that i can find it in XP, I have set the speakers to 5.1 I have set the dvd software to the digital out setting and things still don't work. I only get front left and right.

If I can't solve this soon I'm getting a M-audio 7.1 with RCA out from overclockers. No more poncing around with 3.5m jack converters.

Anyone got this setup running ok? Any help much appreciated.

2. ghostdog

ghostdog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I have the Audigy 2 running digital out with Logitech Z-680 THX speakers. Do the following: -

In Creative Volume Control untick the digital out

Go to Control Panel and double-click on audio-hq

Click on device control

Click on Decoder and make sure it is set to SP/DIF!!!!!!

Make sure your DVD player software is set to SP/DIF.

You should now have full digital sound (might have to set your amp to autodetect the signal)

I had the same problem as you but did a bit of digging on the Creative Labs website forum and there are plenty of posts on there

Ghostdog

3. zAndy1

zAndy1
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,701
    Is it not possible to use the spdif output for DVDs and the analog outputs for DVD Audio without having to mess about changing it from spdif to analog output?

Cheers
    Andy

4. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Don't think so :(