Answered Anyone got both ps4 & xbox one

Pizzalover1

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Just looking for a little advice. Been thinking of swapping my ps4 for a Xbox one so just wanted to know is there really much difference in the two.

I own both and have consistently spent more time on the XB1 than the PS4 during the last 3-4 months.

I have both. There's not much between them, all things considered. X1 hardware is a bit weaker than PS4, but in real world terms, it doesn't amount to a huge difference IMO. Best to look at what exclusives appeal to you most, and where more of your friends are, if you play online. EA Access and GWG give you good alternatives to PS+.

@King Tones has both as well, he'll probably have lots of good advice. In case he doesn't, I'll ask the obligatory question: Have you considered going for a gaming PC instead? More games and variety than consoles, cheaper, better-looking games, etc. Higher initially outlay but the same price or cheaper over the console lifespans.

I have both. Rarely use the PS4 as 1) I prefer the Xbox One Controller 2) Friends are on Xbox One 3) I just prefer the Xbox features such as achievements 4) I vastly prefer Xbox exclusives so far.

But ultimately any choice comes down to personal preference. If you are thinking of swapping presumably there is a reason?

All depends on what you play and both have pro's and con's. I have both and use PS4 more as Sony exclusives interest me more but if MS exclusives interest you more then that's your answer. Cross platforms favour PS4 overall but not all the time and it depends if that bothers you or not.
The thing is with these types of questions you will get people backing X1 in the X1 section and likewise in the PS4 section. Can you not try it and see if it suits your needs??
Personally I would add PC for the reasons @kav stated ;)

I have both and there is very little between the 2 systems. I tend to find the PS4 games have a slightly higher resolution than the same game on the Xbox One but so far nothing has been too great between the two. But I tend to get 3rd party games on the PS4 as I get a slightly higher resolution for the same money

The big thing for the Xbox One for me is media playback as it has lots of apps for streaming services and the media player app works well with my Plex setup.

Just looking for a little advice. Been thinking of swapping my ps4 for a Xbox one so just wanted to know is there really much difference in the two.

Honestly not much between them tbh.
They both play games, they both are great little media boxes, they both have a great selection of games.

The only difference between them is Controller, Exclusives and your friends.

Yes the PS4 has more power but in my experience it has not swayed me to buy a Multiplat Game on the PS4 due to it. I normally buy all my Mutliplat Games on Xbox due to the controller and most friends online are on Xbox One.

A friend of mine asked me the same question last week as he got a bonus through work and wanted a PS4 or Xbox. He was all set to get a PS4 to play Star Wars and it being more powerful and more pixels.
I said to him just look at the games and exclusives and have a go on each for the controller.
He got a deal on Xbox One the weekend.

Look at the exclusives and see which take your fancy, try and have a go on the Xbox One to give the controller a go.

You won't go wrong with either or even a PC.

I could go on and list every feature and what I love about the Xbox One over the PS4 or vice versa but it comes down to the games imo.

If only mulitplats take your fancy then stick with PS4 as you know you will always be getting the better version.
If Exclusives on Xbox take your fancy then jump on in.

Any questions fella just shout.

I have both and XB1 is my main console.

Only really got the PS4 for No Mans Sky :rolleyes: and the Sky Go app for footy.

Same here got both. Hated the DS3 controller but the DS4 is much better so no longer have much of a controller bias both feel fine to me.

Overall not much in it as everyone says, friends and exclusives are probably more important

I have both nothing between them play them about the same, only thing is the exclusive games content can lean you one way or the other.

I also have both and there's not much between them but the big thing that makes me favour the Xbox one is the ease by which you are able to game share and make massive savings in digital games as no Xbox One games are region locked.

I go through phases playing them both but the XBox has been my go to console for the past few months. I prefer the controller and the XBox Live service is IMO more robust than the PSN.

I also have both and there's not much between them but the big thing that makes me favour the Xbox one is the ease by which you are able to game share and make massive savings in digital games as no Xbox One games are region locked.

I go through phases playing them both but the XBox has been my go to console for the past few months. I prefer the controller and the XBox Live service is IMO more robust than the PSN.

Setting up gamesharing is just as simply on PS4, works exactly the same.

I tend to use my PS4 more, the controller actually works (my Xbox One pad has the disconnect thing) and I much prefer the simple interface. I want the multi plats on the machine with the best performance.

Xbox is used for any multiplayer stuff, I've never bothered to game online with PS4 at all.

I have both. There's not much between them, all things considered. X1 hardware is a bit weaker than PS4, but in real world terms, it doesn't amount to a huge difference IMO. Best to look at what exclusives appeal to you most, and where more of your friends are, if you play online. EA Access and GWG give you good alternatives to PS+.

@King Tones has both as well, he'll probably have lots of good advice. In case he doesn't, I'll ask the obligatory question: Have you considered going for a gaming PC instead? More games and variety than consoles, cheaper, better-looking games, etc. Higher initially outlay but the same price or cheaper over the console lifespans.

Unfortunately I'm not in the position to have a gaming PC.

Thanks for all the replay maybe I should just buy a Xbox also then. Went to Argos today and they had froza on demo instore had a quick go and was impressed with the graphics and pad.

Thanks for all the replay maybe I should just buy a Xbox also then. Went to Argos today and they had froza on demo instore had a quick go and was impressed with the graphics and pad.

Now that sounds like a great idea. All the games !!!

I'd agree with what's been said so far, not much between them (don't own a PS4 but have played a mates). Controller and what @PaulieW said, Live swing it for me. EA Access is amazing value IMO and there are more (and IMO will continue to be more) exclusives on XB1.

Sony have more studios to make games so you'd think there'd be more exclusives on PS4, but they've tasked an awful lot of them on making VR content. If you're interested in VR then it's a no brainier to keep the PS4, if not then I'd go with XB1.

One other thing to remember is that yes multiplats have performed generally (not all the time) better on PS4. The XB1 was built with DX12 in mind and it's only just coming to the console. When it does (if 3rd party debs use it) the gap between them should close and possibly be non-existent. There's no guarantee as we don't know how much it'll benefit a console but it can't make things worse.

Just echoing what has already been said, I own both and my Xbox gets way more use. However, I was originally a 360 owner who got converted by the launch cockups so maybe I'm biased. But I knew there was a problem when last year I was so bored with the PS4 the Wii (not Wii U!) was getting more use. That's when I got the Xbox One.

The PS4 is more powerful but the exclusives I've played have had amazing graphics but disappointing gameplay. The only advantage I know of with the PS4 (apart from slightly better graphics) is BluRay playback is quite a bit better. I hope I'm right in saying this but the PS4 can output HD audio formats where the Xbox cannot.

Positives for the Xbox are the much better dash, fresh content, store, massively faster WiFi, better online service, and really high quality exclusives. FH2, Halo 5, Forza 6 and Titanfall have all been superb.

Got both and the xbox is getting the most use atm. The new dash and elite controller are seriously making me consider selling the ps4.

Setting up gamesharing is just as simply on PS4, works exactly the same.

I tend to use my PS4 more, the controller actually works (my Xbox One pad has the disconnect thing) and I much prefer the simple interface. I want the multi plats on the machine with the best performance.

Xbox is used for any multiplayer stuff, I've never bothered to game online with PS4 at all.

I knew that it was very simple to set up game sharing on the PS4 but
I was sure that PS4 games were region locked and that you had to for example create a US gamer tag in order to purchase a US game. I know this may be a simple process but it involves a bit of faffing around changing profiles. Whereas I can buy from any foreign Microsoft Store with ease. Agree with you about the interface though and hopefully the NXOE will change that next week.

I knew that it was very simple to set up game sharing on the PS4 but
I was sure that PS4 games were region locked and that you had to for example create a US gamer tag in order to purchase a US game. I know this may be a simple process but it involves a bit of faffing around changing profiles. Whereas I can buy from any foreign Microsoft Store with ease. Agree with you about the interface though and hopefully the NXOE will change that next week.

No, there's no region locking on PS4 thankfully.

To be blunt - it's a pointless question. If you ask here most will favour XB1, if you go on PS4 section and ask their they'll say PS4.

It ultimately comes down to which has the exclusives you want to play the most, and then things like controller preference and where your friends are playing are other factors.

And here's my probably biased reasons for preference... I have a PS4 primarily for Naughty Dog's games, and the other odd exclusive. I favour the Xbox One because of my investment in achievements and controller preference, and the big thing that swung it for me was the Kinect. As much as it may have affected sales at launch with the higher price-point, I am glad the console launched with Kinect, otherwise I too may have dismissed it. Everything power on with one voice command, being able to just say whatever game you want to play without dogging through my games and apps, even "Xbox Record That" is brilliant for multiplayer too.

To be perfectly honest if Naughty Dog's games weren't exclusive to PlayStation I could quite happily do without the PS4.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom