Quantcast

Anyone got anything BAD to say about Thomson 27LCD

U

unklmic

I hope to buy the Thomson 27" LCD TV tomorrow - and have done some research on this site. Most references to this tv seem to be on the positive side.

Before I make the plunge, does anyone know of any drawbacks to this TV, the low price does make me a bit suspicious that there must be SOME shortcomings.

S

sponshagga

the only two negatives are:

There is a choice of 3 backlight settings bright soft and normal. If you choose soft or normal there is a bit of a buzz around the back. The bright setting seems however to give the best picture anyways. A lot of screens don't give this choice anyway and this in no way affect brightness and contrast settings - there is no Buzz with these.

Also I think the RF reciever is not the strongest around but can cope fine with standard signal strength.

Best to know these things but I like my Thomson and the picture is really clear, no trails that I can see blows away my lg 23"

And if you buy from Comet get it on a credit card that gives you some help if it goes wrong because they aren't too good with such matters (to put it politely!).

TheBoingoBandit

Novice Member
Originally posted by unklmic
I hope to buy the Thomson 27" LCD TV tomorrow - and have done some research on this site. Most references to this tv seem to be on the positive side.

Before I make the plunge, does anyone know of any drawbacks to this TV, the low price does make me a bit suspicious that there must be SOME shortcomings.

Only to say that the screen is more reflective than a cyclist's yellow jacket at a evening football match!

:(

Top Bottom