Anyone got any screen shots of the H79?

B

billmalcolm

Hi,

Has anyone got any screen shots of the H79 in action? I am a whisker away from purchasing one, but would be interested in seeing the pictures from your setups.:lease:

Cheers,

Bill

i dont have any screenshots of the H79 but i have seen one in action. personaly i thought the image was very artificial and digital looking although it was easy to set up and configure, have you had a demo on this or any other projector? i would suggest checking out the new infocus when its available as it is supposed to be the replacement for the 7205 and the sim2 20h (if you can get one now) or the 30h are both extremely good projectors.

i demoed all these machines on a meridian g98 / arcam dv29 and a meridian 800 transport both through hdmi and component connections

I have demoed it out at my local dealer - was fed using a Denon 3910 as a source at 720p. The blacks were very good, as was the depth of the image. I felt that it could be a little sharper overall though. But having looked at the link on the other forum, I can not believe how good it looks.

Thanks guys

The IN76 - I don't think that that is a dark chip 3. Might be wrong. But I really like the blacks you get with this chip.

Edd,

thanks for your reply - have you been happy with the sharpness of the image you are getting? Are you running a sclaer at all, or just straight with your 3910. I have the same DVD player - would be really interested. What screen have you got?

using the 3910 with the dvi output, at 480/576p, ie letting the projector scale, though i havnt realy compared to the dvd scaling.

im using a cheapo 100 quid DRH screen, which is good enough for me, think ill get an electric beamax next,

I find it sharp, i was feeding it some 3000x2000 photos off my digital camera, was knocked out by the quality.

its a lot sharper than my sanyo z2 was thats for sure.

edd

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom