Anyone got any positive "wife" stories??

horseflesh

Established Member
Reaction score
You know what I mean.......your other half is reluctant to fork out a couple of grand.
How did you convince them?
Any wives/girlfriends who now think it's the best thing they ever did?

My missus was reluctant at first but given that she now has so much more space and the positive comments from all of her friends I think she thinks it was the best thing "I" ever did!!

not my wife, but my gf is just as keen on the plasma as me! She wants one for her own house :D

ad

we kept going to various shops looking at sound and plasma systems. Each time we went, she would say "this just doesn't say 'wow' to me". One shop we went to, she didn't say that, so I took it that she liked it, and just talked as if we were going to buy the kit!

After ordering the kit, I said to her that I noticed she hadn't said the wow thing, and she laughed!

My wife just wants all of the HC kit out of the house even though we have an ample amount of space - simple as that !!

Mrs Taz was as excited as I was about our plasma purchase so :smashin: to her for that.

Allthough to start with i did have to say :lease: a lot but the thought of hang on the wall gaming swung it for her.

Have to say without her, it would still be in the shop!

:thumbsup:

My wife of twenty years bought the first pair of Linn Isobariks, three months after we were married (we used my tax rebate!)

Ten years ago we needed a new TV.....we went around all the shops until she said "I want that one"....cue top of range big Sony.

She then bought the Linn active Isobariks (and amps & stuff).

Last year she decided that we needed a 50" plasma, and a surround sound system that sounded as good as the two channel system....cue Pioneer & Meridian.

Last weekend she told me to buy the Linn CD/DAC.

:thumbsup: :clap: :smashin:

Need I say more?

Originally posted by suzywong
My wife of twenty years bought the first pair of Linn Isobariks, three months after we were married (we used my tax rebate!)

Ten years ago we needed a new TV.....we went around all the shops until she said "I want that one"....cue top of range big Sony.

She then bought the Linn active Isobariks (and amps & stuff).

Last year she decided that we needed a 50" plasma, and a surround sound system that sounded as good as the two channel system....cue Pioneer & Meridian.

Last weekend she told me to buy the Linn CD/DAC.

:thumbsup: :clap: :smashin:

Need I say more?

You lucky :censored: !!!!!

Mind you I leave in a bachelor pad, with no neighbours, and a 20' square lounge :thumbsup: . The hall next door where they have kids discos every Saturday night complains about the noise I make drowning out their music :laugh:

I reckon I've got you all beat. My wife gave me £3k to buy a plasma with.

It did help that she'd won £32k on the horses on her hen day though.

Anyone got any positive "wife" stories??

no, apart she's going for some 10 days training soon :)

Well, in looking for a new TV, it was my other half that first suggested an LCD display, because of the space-saving dimensions. I didn't even suggest them as an alternative to much cheaper CRTs :thumbsup:

When my wife and I collected our pio 434 last November she huged the box!! I thought we should spen the money doing the house up, she told me to get the plasma as I'd always wanted one.

My wife got so annoyed with me watching footie on a 42" she left me. Doesn't get much better than that......

My wife's main issues was the cost. £3500 for a T.V. was a bit to much (I would have to agree in one sense though).

But after we got it and put it up, thus removing a 32" CRT and associated AV stand, the amount of space freed convinced here.

She said it was one of my best ideas yet :) and she's well please with how it all looks along with the new living room decor

Gary

My wife is actually very good with the amounts i spend. But i still use one trick to make it easier for me to introduce new stuff.

I start a few weeks in advance by mentioning what i want etc. I then proceed to "search" how much it may cost, and then tell her the RRP. I then pretend that i'm shocked just how much the "item" will cost, and say i may as well forget it.

I then spend the days leading up to the purchase, telling her how much better the "item" is, and it's a shame it's so expensive.

She then loves you for how sensible you are acting, and admires your self control.

I then phone her at work, and tell her i've managed to find it at a massive discount. And can she think of anyway we could afford the "discount" price, but if she can't, you will understand and let it go.

Being at work, she likes the fact you've consulted her first(to her friends etc). And that she now has the power to choose yes or no.
No women on earth likes admitting defeat, and "WILL" find a way to afford the item.

She has never said no (oh err!) up to now, but i would imagine a couple of days sulk would sort that.

This method has a few of plus points.

1: She cannot moan how much it cost, as "she" was the one to "decide" to get it.
2: She cannot say you don't involve her in spending decisions.
3: Since she knows the RRP(from weeks ago), you can actually remind her "how much money" you have saved!

Ps
My wife is aware of my little scam (i told her), but does enjoy the role play anyway.:smashin:

There was great thread on TAG forum called "lies you tell your spouse"
shame it's gone for good now :(

We are not married, but as a long term partner I consult her. She actually recommended we get plasma to display our digital photographs and other art images (we have huge collection of images from National Geographic magasine). It is something like a dynamic picture frame.

Occasionally we also use it to watch TV/DVD etc. More frequently it is used to navigate the huge on-line jukebox we operate (800+ CDs).

It is also very usefull when we want to search the Internet for furniture, holidays or other items of comon interest.

We bought Fujitsu Model 5004.

My wife finds the projector a little awkard in the summer months, so would like me to install a plasma.....

If you are looking for a good quality plasma/sound system.... Take the wife AND the kids along. Get the salesman to demo it using the kids favourite DVD... Monsters Inc or Finding Nemo etc. Result: The kids will be transfixed and sit stoney silent in awe. You then tell the wife how much easier her life will be when the kids are so contented at home.
Worked for me. :clap:

If it was not for the fact that I had the kitchen done first I would have stood no chance.

The missus thinks a portable transistor radio is a decent hi-fi and can't see the need for stereo. Have digital tv but she won't turn the NTL box on to watch one of the main channels she's happy with the standard tv picture.

And volume levels arrrrghhhhhhhhhh.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom