Anyone got any old games they loved to play...

Sparky83

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I used to spend hours playing Constructor on the PC.

I can't remember much about it now but i really enjoyed it a the time, anyone else like this?

[ame="http://youtu.be/hqy1jG2Li0I"]Let's Play Constructor [P1of8] - YouTube[/ame]

and another one that i loved was Z: Steel Soldiers

Used to love the different robots you could get, this was my first game like this. Before i came across Command & Conquor etc

I also enjoyed playing Dungeon Keeper, it looks proper dated now but i loved the way it played and the humour that was there too. Have't played anything quite like it since!

Dungeon keeper level 1 - YouTube

Anyone else enjoy these games?

I mainly played RTS in my early years of PC gaming, so red alert and Age of Empires were my favourites.

Theme Hospital and AOE II.

X-Wing, Tie Fighter, Red Alert, Descent, Eye Of The Beholder, System Shock 2, Doom then Quake, the usual suspects really.

We used to have some cracking gaming sessions where I used to work though, multiplayer Descent was great fun :)

Cossacks: European Wars. Came out in 2001 and played it for many years after. Great RTS game.

I downloaded Cossacks II on Steam because it was dirt cheap but it is nowhere near as good as the original.

All IRL friends game on Xbox or ps3 but I'm converting them one by one. How could I forget theme hospital, that game is epic.

Dungeon Master
Eye of the Beholder III
X-Com
Syndicate
Daggerfall

Around the 486 days :)

Kick off 2
SWOS
AOE 2
Counter strike
Speedball 2
The settlers
Cannon fodder
Gods
Alien breed

I'm not sure I've had so much enjoyment from any PC or console since the Amiga 1200 though, so many top games and good memories.

Kick off 2
SWOS
AOE 2
Counter strike
Speedball 2
The settlers
Cannon fodder
Gods
Alien breed

I'm not sure I've had so much enjoyment from any PC or console since the Amiga 1200 though, so many top games and good memories.

My misses was playing the new Settlers a while ago and I thought it looked lovely. Don't think it's as detailed as the old ones but maybe worth looking up.

JustinJ004 said:
My misses was playing the new Settlers a while ago and I thought it looked lovely. Don't think it's as detailed as the old ones but maybe worth looking up.

I've nearly bought it a couple of times recently, the gold edition was only 6 or £7 somewhere but I had too many other games to play at the time, i will pick it at some point though just for the nostalgia.

I lost hundreds of hours to the original Settlers on the Amiga.

I can't keep away from old games, I p,ay the new but can't help but come back to the old. I can't just leave them alone :)

My favorites include Fahrenheit, TR Angel Of Darkness, and a really rare one I think, Nightmare Creatures.

I still buy old games even today, at least the ones I never played.

tyrone burton said:
I can't keep away from old games, I p,ay the new but can't help but come back to the old. I can't just leave them alone :)

My favorites include Fahrenheit, TR Angel Of Darkness, and a really rare one I think, Nightmare Creatures.

I still buy old games even today, at least the ones I never played.

Ah Fahrenheit, forgot about that, us two must have been the only people that played it :)

Flawed but great game.

My biggest time killer was SWOS though I remember one summer holiday playing it all day nearly every day, then going out to play real football in the evening whilst talking about it with friends.

Last edited:
Remember Fahrenheit. Too much bloody QTE in that game for my liking. I can't even remember if it was PS1 or PS2 but, I honestly didn't think it was that old tbh.

Old games that I loved and still do go back to. (can't limit it to just PC games)

Kick Off 2/Player Manager
Planescape Torment
Doom 2 now and again
Ghouls and Ghosts
Symphony of the Night - This never gets old. Simply the best Castlevania game bar none.
Zelda - Link to the past
Final Fantasy Tactics/Ogre Tactics/Fire Emblem - Love these games
Freedom Fighters - One of the best games ever
LBA 1&2 - Fantastic games. Should have been a third.
Graduis V
R-Type
Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade - played through this just recently. Superb
Lemmings
Half-Life - Black Mesa is even better though :thumbsup:
Super Tennis
Ico
Chrono Trigger

I could go on and on. So many great games.. :)

Here's a few more that i remember from days past... and If we are including console games too then i loved playing..

Champ Manager (PC) Was the daddy of football managment back in the day
Mega Lo Mania (Mega Drive) Loved this, spent hours upgrading my little people to various levels and making better weopons etc.
Goldeneye (N64) One of the best console games ever! Truely a masterpiece in game design for its time!
Mech Warrior (PC)
Dizzy (PC)
Fade To Black (Mega Drive)
Lemmings (Various)
EarthWorm Jim (Mega Drive)
Duke Nukem (PC) Classic...Damn, those alien b*st*rds are gonna pay for shooting up my ride
Carmagedon (PC) I loved this game, not entirely sure why but i thought it was great.
Spy Vs Spy (Commodor 64)
Fallout 1 and 2 (PC)
Frogger (Commodore 64)
Gauntlet (Commodore 64)
Impossible Mission (Commodore 64)
James Pond (Commodore 64)
Kikstart (Commodore 64)
Marble Madness (game gear)
Paper Boy (Nes or Snes, and commodore 64 i think)
The Simpsons (Commodore 64) This i remember buying from our local game shop, which i believe was GAME at the time, came out in 1991... my god i was still playing a C64 in 91!
Rambo (Commodore 64)
Road Rash (Mege Drive)
Zool

Champ Manager (PC) Was the daddy of football managment back in the day
Fade To Black (Mega Drive)
Spy Vs Spy (Commodor 64)
Gauntlet (Commodore 64)
Kikstart (Commodore 64)
Rambo (Commodore 64)

The memories. Kickstart. I forgot all about that game :laugh:
Champ Manager peaked for me in 97. Fully textual and so engrossing. The intricacy has ruined it for me.
Spy Vs Spy was legendary in two player.
Rambo was ace. Always remember the loading screen with the music :clap:
Wizball, Monty Mole, Thing on a Spring and Crazy Comets were brilliant as well.

Apsilon said:
Rambo was ace. Always remember the loading screen with the music :clap:

Your dead right about the music, it's one of the main things I remember about it! True classic

Theme hospital and destruction derby 2 were my first real loves on pc.

But the first game I ever played on pc, was the original prince of persia.

I used to play this all the time.

Was devastated when my cousins PC could play Delta Force Black Hawk Down and mine couldn't at the time :laugh:

Did you play multiplayer at all? I played with the 422 clan on Delta Force online :)

Did you play multiplayer at all? I played with the 422 clan on Delta Force online :)

I did but never within a clan, was just me, my cousin and a friend that played.

I had a nostalgia attack a few months back for nova games and having lost my join ops discs i contacted someone on the nova forums to try and recover my CD keys.

In the end he gave me both of my cd keys and a link to download the games, had me hooked all night :D

I still have the discs in the attic as I came across them last month, it was good to remember all those hours I ploughed into the franchise online.

Used to play that much, I remember getting Black Hawk Down from one of the clan members in Denmark who kindly sent it to me due to them having it released a month or so before the UK.

Good times.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom