1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got any info on the Samsung 242MP

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Elgaran, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Elgaran

Elgaran
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  2. Elgaran

Elgaran
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Some pictures are available on the web..

See here:
    http://marketingsamsung.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?prodid=266

Described as:
    "The Samsung SyncMaster 242mp is a 24-inch analog and digital TFT-LCD monitor delivering crisp, clean text and bright, vivid colors. This display offers an ultra-high 1000:1 contrast ratio, 500 cd/m2 brightness, 1920 x 1200 resolution, 178/178 degree wide viewing angle, scanning frequency of 31-81 kHz horizontal and 56-75 Hz vertical and 0.270mm pixel pitch. The SyncMaster 242mp display offers the option of using either a digital or analog interface for viewing images and text. The Digital Video Interface (DVI) ensures a shaper, cleaner image and a more accurate representation of the original video source. For users who want the benefits of High Definition television, the SyncMaster 242mp offers HDTV-Ready capability. Armed with a built-in TV, this display is capable of allowing viewers to watch two sources of input at the same time with its Picture-In-Picture or Picture-by-Picture feature. Input connectors for this display include 15pin D-sub, DVI-D, CVBS, S-Video, Component, TV (antenna/cable) and SCART. Available in Silver, the SyncMaster 242mp delivers a maximum of 16.7 million colors. The monitor is Windows Plug and Play DDC 1/2B compatible. To ensure years of reliable performance, the SyncMaster 242mp is backed by a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. Toll-free, 24/7 support is also available for the life of the display."

Despite having a load of inputs and being described as HDTV ready - it doesnt seem to have a HDMI/HDCP connector :thumbsdow

3. Danne980

Danne980

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ordered one because i think it is the same panel (both Samsung PVA 24" and all the specs points at it being identical) as the Dell 2405fpw display.
    I should be getting it in next week or week after that.
    Havn´t read anything about it can´t find any good review on it. I truly wish its the same as the dell because it has got realy good reviews.

I dont know if there are card reader or not on this but it probably ain´t so I´m going to miss that.

Sorry for my bad english i am from Sweden.