Anyone got any info on the Samsung 242MP

Elgaran

Standard Member
Some pictures are available on the web..

See here:
http://marketingsamsung.com/cgi-bin/view.cgi?prodid=266

Described as:
"The Samsung SyncMaster 242mp is a 24-inch analog and digital TFT-LCD monitor delivering crisp, clean text and bright, vivid colors. This display offers an ultra-high 1000:1 contrast ratio, 500 cd/m2 brightness, 1920 x 1200 resolution, 178/178 degree wide viewing angle, scanning frequency of 31-81 kHz horizontal and 56-75 Hz vertical and 0.270mm pixel pitch. The SyncMaster 242mp display offers the option of using either a digital or analog interface for viewing images and text. The Digital Video Interface (DVI) ensures a shaper, cleaner image and a more accurate representation of the original video source. For users who want the benefits of High Definition television, the SyncMaster 242mp offers HDTV-Ready capability. Armed with a built-in TV, this display is capable of allowing viewers to watch two sources of input at the same time with its Picture-In-Picture or Picture-by-Picture feature. Input connectors for this display include 15pin D-sub, DVI-D, CVBS, S-Video, Component, TV (antenna/cable) and SCART. Available in Silver, the SyncMaster 242mp delivers a maximum of 16.7 million colors. The monitor is Windows Plug and Play DDC 1/2B compatible. To ensure years of reliable performance, the SyncMaster 242mp is backed by a three-year parts and labor warranty, including the backlight. Toll-free, 24/7 support is also available for the life of the display."

Despite having a load of inputs and being described as HDTV ready - it doesnt seem to have a HDMI/HDCP connector :thumbsdow

D

Danne980

I ordered one because i think it is the same panel (both Samsung PVA 24" and all the specs points at it being identical) as the Dell 2405fpw display.
I should be getting it in next week or week after that.
Havn´t read anything about it can´t find any good review on it. I truly wish its the same as the dell because it has got realy good reviews.

I dont know if there are card reader or not on this but it probably ain´t so I´m going to miss that.

Sorry for my bad english i am from Sweden.

The latest video from AVForums

Are the TCL MiniLED TVs better than OLED? TCL Interview with Marek Maciejewski | AVForums Podcast
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom