Anyone got any Belfast hints?!

shade_of_meta

Prominent Member
Reaction score
With the massive numbers being reported i didnt bother pre ordering....good call now :lesson:

Anyway...for people in the Belfast area hoping to get one in the morning ( or tonight ), i've rang basically everywhere and anywhere and the only people who have confirmed they will even have any spares are Gamestop - and even then they've said there will be large queues and first come etc...

Virgin in Abbey Centre have confirmed they're fullfilling their 9 pre orders but dont know if they have any more as they havent received final numbers yet....

Well...i've better things to do than stand outside from 5am lol so has anyone else any insider info? :lease:

With the massive numbers being reported i didnt bother pre ordering....good call now :lesson:

Anyway...for people in the Belfast area hoping to get one in the morning ( or tonight ), i've rang basically everywhere and anywhere and the only people who have confirmed they will even have any spares are Gamestop - and even then they've said there will be large queues and first come etc...

Virgin in Abbey Centre have confirmed they're fullfilling their 9 pre orders but dont know if they have any more as they havent received final numbers yet....

Well...i've better things to do than stand outside from 5am lol so has anyone else any insider info? :lease:

Don't be afraid to ring around as far as Lisburn, Derry, or even Dublin... all are a short hop on the train really.

As for me, I'm away to England early on Friday until late same day, so my superb little mum is going to Game in Belfast at 6:45am to pick up my preordered Wii and a host of games and controllers.

Could not ask for more.... :clap:

Shade of Meta, Smyths Toy Store in Forestisde, Boucher Rd and Lisdburn will be worth a shot!

I'm really not desperate enough to go to Derry or Dublin TBH ;)

Smyths --> good call....

i tried finding the number for Comet on boucher today with no joy but i'll take a juke in the morning!

belfast-biker --> if you've it pre ordered...why is your dear old mum getting up at 6am to get yours :eek:

belfast-biker --> if you've it pre ordered...why is your dear old mum getting up at 6am to get yours :eek:

It's a test of her love for me. If she lives, she passes.

No, the Wii is preordered, but the games and controllers are first come first served and in short supply apparently...

Actually, she's pulling an all-nighter now to put the tree up, so she'll already be awake! And she's going into town at 8am anyhow to get more paint..... go supermum! Luv ya!

ROFL...she better be getting a good Christmas present :rotfl:

We'll break out and get her some clean straw for her cage. And maybe a bowl so she doesn't get the straw so wet in the 1st place.

(Yeah, she'll be sorted... :) )

Ill probably be at GAME round the same time. Tell her to keep an eye out for me, and bring a flask! ;)

Ill probably be at GAME round the same time. Tell her to keep an eye out for me, and bring a flask! ;)

I'll be telling her to watch out for ALL the scary internet men. :)

Haha. Ill be the one wearing the metallica t-shirt, greasey hair, 46" waist jeans and a goatee.

Haha. Ill be the one wearing the metallica t-shirt, greasey hair, 46" waist jeans and a goatee.

Thanks for the tip. SHe'll be looking out for you. She'll also be packing Mace. ;)

in omagh here.. GF pre-ordered me one at game but she wont give to me until christmas! :(

in omagh here.. GF pre-ordered me one at game but she wont give to me until christmas! :(

Doesn't sound like a keeper to me. Trade her in after xmas.

Apparently Xtravision have good stock in at the moment. Worth a try if anyone is stuck!

Na...sold out everywhere...got bored after 2 hours of looking lol...

Went to Woolworths on the shore road, the girl was packing shelves full of Wii boxes...i asked her if she had any in stock and she looked at me like i was mad!! Hold on a minute luv...i'm not the one stacking a shelf full of empty frickin boxes :eek:

I would try smyths at forestside early every morning, smyths didnt take preorders last time I checked so everything is first come first served...its how I got my long gone psp.

Got my wii this morning from conswater Game 7am :-( zelda and rayman extra remote and nunchuck.....no components...anyone got any Belfast news on components third party or otherwise.....looks pretty dodgy on my LCD HDTV

I would try smyths at forestside early every morning, smyths didnt take preorders last time I checked so everything is first come first served...its how I got my long gone psp.

Tried them...their website says in stock but only for preorders :rotfl:

There website takes preorders, do their stores take them now too? They didnt when I got my psp, so I just phoned the local store (forestside) every morning to see if they got another shipment then went down and picked it up right away only took a few days after launch.

Got mine in Abbeycentre this moring, I had it preordered, but tohers were walking out of virgin with their Wii's bought off the shelf. Also went into game, they had a waiting list of over 70 that they cudn't fill, yet had loadsa wii play, which no where else seemed to have! Strange...but at least I got mine!:) :thumbsup: :)

Both Smyths and Toys R Us are only fulfilling pre orders :rolleyes:

Spoke to people at all NI locations today and its basically pre order or **** off country wide...

its the end of retail shopping as we know it... :suicide:

others were walking out of virgin with their Wii's bought off the shelf.

Charming....the stupid **** at Virgin said it was pre order only so i left and there was only 1 other guy there at the time! :suicide:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom