Question Anyone got Airplay2 working on a Samsung without Internet?

Whitling2k

Novice Member
Is it possible to use Airplay between an iDevice and my Samsung Q80r without an active internet connection?

Both devices are on the same wireless network, but that network is shielded from the outside world for security reasons.

My TV doesn't even have the Airplay option in the menu, even though the specification shows it should have it.

cuke2u

Whitling2k

Novice Member
Thanks for linking to the instructions - I know the 'official' answer is a big fat NO, but I'd like to know if there is a way to circumnavigate the internet requirement. After all, Airplay 2 is peer2peer once set up, and my phone & TV are on the same network.

Are there any methods not detailed in the official instructions that people have played/experimented with? Or managed to hack?

cuke2u

I have been looking for apps that will do what you are looking for on just the wifi, I am sure there are plenty. Found this one if it's any help to you Mirror your iPhone or iPad on a Samsung TV screen | AirBeamTV
Unfortunately I am an android man and both my phone and my tablet stream effortlessly to my tv. Apologies, just went to the appstore, not a place I frequent despite managing over 100 iPads at the school I work for, and noticed there is a charge for that app..

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom