1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got Ae Aelite 3?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by The_Mole, Aug 26, 2005.

1. The_Mole

The_Mole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Been looking at ae aelite 3 speakers to replace my old ones. What is your opinion? Also, been seeing them everywhere for £749 but managed to find them at the Forum Hifi Centre for £549. Anyone heard of/bought anything from this place.

2. The_Mole

The_Mole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Come on! Someone must have these speakers.

3. RayB

RayB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too would be interested to know more about these

4. The_Mole

The_Mole

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Was looking for some good all-rounders for HiFi and Home Cinema. The Ae Aelite 3 seems to fit the bill. What HiFi 5* award and very nice looking. Would be nice to have some feed back from owners before I commit myself.

5. Markie Boy

Markie Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Perth, Western Australia (Originally Ireland)
    Ratings:
    +226
    Ive been a happy owner of the AE Evo 3 speakers for well over 18 months, but when I heard the Aelite 3 speakers for the first time a couple of months ago, well, I just knew I had to have them!! Still saving up for the trade up, but lookinf very much forward to it! Very clean, detailed sound with incredible top-end that never gets harsh, plus bass response that is taut and very well defined. I thought the Evo 3 bass was tight until I heard the Aelites!!!

6. Falp

Falp
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A pair of Aelite 2 sounded very good indeed with a denon 3805 and dvd2900...!

The Aelite 1 where not as good as fronts, but I loved the 2.

7. dhoffacker

dhoffacker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Falp,

I am trying to make the decision between Aelite 2's and an Aelite center, or Kef IQ5's and IQ6c. Amp: denon 3806. I have heard both the Iq5's and the Aelite 3's but I can't find the Aelite 2's in the States. I like the IQ5's but they are a little base light for my taste. I loved the Aelite 3's but they are two big for my room. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

8. Falp

Falp
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My best bet for the 3805/6 is the Quad L series, but the the Aelites sound very good too.

9. dhoffacker

dhoffacker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Flap,

As far as setup in the Denon 3806, could I still set up the Aelite 2's as large, and then just run my sub off of LFE, because the Aelite 2's go down to 36 cycles at -6db. My sub isn't that great: MS 309, so I in stereo I would rather just use the AE 2's for my low's. Any Advice would be appreciated.

or should I just go for the 3's and ditch my sub?

Thanks again,

Dan

10. Falp

Falp
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I prefer fronts as small 80Hz (for surround/movies) because if you have an amp with a Stereo Direct mode that turns them to large it works very well, I think the 3806 can do that...

Take a look at BK subs... REL quality at 1/2 price... it's worth it!!! I prefer bookshelf models, works better in the room, less ressonances, provided you have a good sub for music and movies...

11. dhoffacker

dhoffacker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Flap,

My wife prefer bookshelf models also, because she doesn't want huge floorstanders all over the house. That's the only thing, I'm worried about is that the aelite 2 is huge. Of the aelite range I've only heard the 3, which I loved, but I have to trust that the 2 sounds just as great.

You said that the aelite 1 isn't that great? Because I was thinking that if my wife doesn't like the size of the 2 I may just get a set of one's, and then when we move (in 6 months), get a set of 2's. Right now I only have the ms premier plus package, so anything will be a great improvement. They seem a little brite on my denon.

Yeah the denon does stereo direct.

Or I guess I could go diamond 9.1's with a CS for the center, which I thought sounded really good with denon, if the wife thinks the aelite 2's are too big. I would love to listen to QUAD but I haven't found any retailer that stocks them nearby.

Thanks again,

Dan

12. Falp

Falp
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I myself find them too large for me too.

Try to find the QUAD 11L... it's worth it :thumbsup: And they math the Denon perfectly, Denon works better with non metal tweeters.

You can even add smaller Quad L-ite as back speakers ;)

Or why not the QUAD L-ite 5.1 package? A friend of mine is amazed with them (working with a Marantz 5600).