Quantcast

Anyone got a spare Scart board for a Panny PW7 i could use over Christmas?

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Hi Everyone,

As the title says really. Im currently waiting for my component lead to arrive for my Nintendo Wii but its not looking hopeful this side of christmas - :(

Just wondered if there was anyone who had a Scart board i could use for a few weeks untill my lead arrives.

Im more than happy to pay for secure postage and even a little extra for a :beer:

Thanks for looking

Dal

w3dal

Distinguished Member
i have a composite board if you could get hold of a convertor / correct cable?
Do you know if you can use a component board but using composite connections?? I bought a component board at the weekend ready for the new cable didnt think you might able to use it for composite.

Thanks for the offer fella - :thumbsup:

Dal

hornydragon

I can send you a composite board mate, component board will be Black and white with component board if you have an RGB scart you could use a converter but foir a few days/weeks suffer composite (no need to return the board)

RonBurgundy

Novice Member
hornydragon is your man for that, but i think it will deped if its the dual slot board like mine as that has a composite connectionon it too.

as i say though the dragon ;) is far more knowledgable than myself!

MAW

Banned
You'd only get a B/W piccy off a component board, I presume the Wii comes, like a PS2 or gamecube, with a composite lead anyway?? Loads of composite boards about, where are you, sure someone can help. I trip over them every day, literally.

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Thanks HD that would be grand.

all i have at the moment is the standard Wii lead which has the white,yellow, red lead which can be plugged into a scart block.

These Composite leads are like gold dust at the moment....

Dal

hornydragon

dual slot board is component board and composite commercial boards in one big board the seperate component board is not capable of colour from composite

w3dal

Distinguished Member
You'd only get a B/W piccy off a component board, I presume the Wii comes, like a PS2 or gamecube, with a composite lead anyway?? Loads of composite boards about, where are you, sure someone can help. I trip over them every day, literally.
Hi Maw,

Thanks for the info - thats the correct lead i have the one that comes with a PS2 or Gamecube.

Im in Essex

Dal

hornydragon

Thanks HD that would be grand.

all i have at the moment is the standard Wii lead which has the white,yellow, red lead which can be plugged into a scart block.

These Composite leads are like gold dust at the moment....

Dal
PM me your addy and will post friday hopefully

w3dal

Distinguished Member
dual slot board is component board and composite commercial boards in one big board the seperate component board is not capable of colour from composite
I didnt get the dual slot board.

Its the TY-42TM6Z that i have.

Wish i had kept that media box now - :devil:

Dal

RonBurgundy

Novice Member
and there was me thinking that would be my good deed this xmas... ah well il have to go by some cookies off a girl guide or something!

shows how helpful people on here can be though when your struggling!

w3dal

Distinguished Member
and there was me thinking that would be my good deed this xmas... ah well il have to go by some cookies off a girl guide or something!

shows how helpful people on here can be though when your struggling!
Thanks for the offer Smiders - really good of ya - :clap:

Merry Christmas

Dal

w3dal

Distinguished Member
I can send you a composite board mate, component board will be Black and white with component board if you have an RGB scart you could use a converter but foir a few days/weeks suffer composite (no need to return the board)
Thanks HD -:thumbsup:

Will PM you my address now

Merry Christmas.

Dal

w3dal

Distinguished Member
White, yellow, red is what you need for the composite board, you would get no advantage from scart board at all.
I was just going to use a scart board with the scart block it comes with. (3 colours go into a scart box) Didnt think you could get a composite board for these screens.

Dal

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Thats great news. Seems the component lead is delayed till the 22nd so no chance of getting it before christmas now.

So this is great you are sending me one of these other boards - :thumbsup:

Dal

Elickser

errm think I may be in the same position here:confused:

I have just had a PS9 delivered and also have a Wii without a component cable, I was just gonna plug the composite lead into the onkyo 674e receiver (which is supposed to convert to component:

"Composite and S-Video to component video conversion"

and then onto the panel via hdmi or component..... would this work?

hornydragon

an Onkyo 674 will convert composite so no neeed for a board (did the PS9 not come with a composite board installed?

Elickser

an Onkyo 674 will convert composite so no neeed for a board (did the PS9 not come with a composite board installed?
Thank god for that, just had a panic for a moment there:D
and yes just looked up the pdf (haven't unpacked the thing yet) and it has got an s-vid/composite board (bnc vid) installed according to that. Thanks HD, can go and finish decorating now :clap:

w3dal

Distinguished Member
Just wanna say thanks again HD - the board arrived today and its all plugged in.

Looks like its gonna be a really nice Wii Christmas - :thumbsup:

Dal