Anyone got a soup maker?

HMHB

Outstanding Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using a soup maker and if they are worth getting?

Currently I just use a large pan and then use the blender to make it into soup.

I was thinking that maybe if I had one of these soup makers, I might make soup more often?

I was wondering if anyone has any experience of using a soup maker and if they are worth getting?

I was thinking that maybe if I had one of these soup makers, I might make soup more often?
There was one recently reviewed as the best overall gadget of 2022, Morphy Richards I believe…..will dig out a link

Cheers for that, will have a read :)

I have almost the same soup maker but with a stainless steel pot, so not see through.

Not impressed.

Despite looking very clever, it basically does either baby food puree or half cooked chunks.

Would you like mine to try out?

I'm beginning to think I'd be better off sticking with my current more manual method. I just have to stop being lazy :)

if you have basic cooking skills then I don’t reckon it will add anything, I had one never used it and gave it away, soup puree style is so simple like you say boil it season it stick blend it job done :)

Maybe get a soup thread going we can chip in some easy recipes ?

We have one and its very useful especially if you both work and time is at a premium. Just need to prepare the veg and throw in with stock, water and anything else.

Press the button and in 25 mins or so you have piping hot soup.

I'm sure you could easily use a pan and blender but this is easier and I have other things would rather be doing!

I have a MR model. When first bought it was used often, as time went bye, less and less. I couldn't tell you the last time it was out, however in saying that the better half has just come in with some leeks so leak and potato soup for me tonight.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you can make soup in the Instant Pot??

Only if you have a blender :)

I imagine it's a good thing to have if you're stuck in a bedsit or somewhere without your own kitchen.
But if you have a saucepan and a blender I can't see that it would save much time or trouble. You still have to prepare the ingredients. I always think the key ingredient for soup is a good flavoursome stock anyway, no matter how you make it.

Quickest way with least washing up is with a stick blender. I do like to transfer mine to the jug blender (I sometimes only purée half of it) and add it back into the saucepan.
But is the small advantage of an all-in-one gadget worth the money? I don't think so.

I just got given a Morphy Richards soup maker for Christmas so I’m on the search for recipes now. I’ve got lots of Stilton in the fridge so I might give Stilton and broccoli a go. I’ve also got lots of carrots so I’ll try something with those.
I need to eat healthier and lose a bit of weight so hopefully this will help.

carrot and coriander, nothing better :)

I've about twenty soup makers or saucepans as I tend to call them ;)

First of all, I am not a regular fan of soup, but one of my friends gave me a Philips Soup Maker as a gift. I don't know why he chose that for me, anyway; I happily bought it from him. After that, I prepared simple vegetable soup for a few occasions when my close friends or relatives gathered from my house, and I am sure about one thing if you are interested in cooking, then a soup machine will be worth it.

First of all, I am not a regular fan of soup, but one of my friends gave me a Philips Soup Maker as a gift. I don't know why he chose that for me, anyway; I happily bought it from him. After that, I prepared simple vegetable soup for a few occasions when my close friends or relatives gathered from my house, and I am sure about one thing if you are interested in cooking, then a soup machine will be worth it.
Sorry to go off topic but…your friend gave you a gift but you had to pay for it??

Have looked at them in the past but havent seen what benefit they bring over a pan and stick blender to warrant sacrificing the cupboard space for storing it. Also never been sure how well they deal with where you want partially blended soups (as mentioned by the now deleted member above)

Most have puree or chunky options, but the latter is preset (on mine at least) so you will get very variable results depending on the resilience of your ingredients.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom