1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a Panny SCHT900 or another HTX00? and Sky?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by coolio, May 18, 2004.

1. coolio

coolio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Got problems with my Panny SCHT900 when I hook my sky digibox upto it. On surround sound it comes thru all distorted. How should I be hooking it up? Anyone else got this system hooked upto sky?

2. coolio

coolio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    come on guys, someone must have this home cinema system and sky

3. Ianc

Ianc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm getting a SCHT500 tomorrow and will be wiring it up to sky+ and my panasonic Plasma so I'll let you know what goes on with that... You sure youre not getting interference from cables - the plasma screen I got ( dont know if you got plasma) came wiht a whole stack of ferrite rings to go on spkr etc cables to stop interference - liek the suppressors you get to go on car stereo power supplies to stop engine interference.

4. coolio

coolio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The thing is its fine on everything else, normal TV, dvd, etc just the sky, but its normal sky, im guessing u will use optical out with your sky +

Let me know how u get on tho, say with sky one, what sound setting u have it on

5. Ianc

Ianc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok
    so Ive got a Panny SCDT310e i know its not quite the same...

Use digital out from Sky+ box to digital optical in on the panny amp.
    In sky I've set , in the sound menu, the output from Normal to Dolby, its on Stereo. I thin krest of it is same.

If you've only got sound knackered from certain channels intermittnetly I'd suspect a cable. The amp will be ok because its getting sound processing correct on other sources ( like DVD's I assume).

6. rozzar

rozzar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    i'd personally just link your tv to your HT system through analogue phono interconnects. that way, whatevers playing through your tv, will come through your HT system, through the ProLogic II.

other than that, sounds like a faulty unit

7. coolio

coolio

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I have hooked up the SCHT900 is so many different ways and the problem still exists

The only time it doesnt is when its on 'Party' or MPS1 or MPS2 but i dont like that sound effect, doesnt want to work at all with DPLII at all.

Ive done it thru the TV using scarts, used phono cables into various different ports in the amp. Still always the same results so today dixons (God help me!!) are coming out to take a look at it.