1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone got a Panasonic TX32-PK25 ?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Koosnaff, Aug 28, 2001.

Tags:
  1. Koosnaff

Koosnaff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

I'm after a decent widescreen and I am interested in this model. The guy in the shop reckons its the best processing (100Hz) he has ever seen, and he has offered me one for £899. This sppears to be a good price as I have shopped around the net a bit. What I'm after is any info - good or bad about this model. Also is the 100hz switchable or not? (I forgot to ask him and can't seem to find much in th way of techie details on the web)

Any info greatly appreciated

2. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    £899 is a very good price for this tv, I got one for £1003 from Empire and that was the cheapest at the time. Are you sure it includes the stand?<br />My Panasonic has been returned however due to severe moire patterning, and a lot of other folk seem to have had the same problem. Im certainly no techie either but I dont think the 100hz is switchable.<br />Steve.

3. merry2

merry2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a TX32PK25. I'm not at all happy with it. I also have the moire patterning very badly (on my third set - bought from Empire...they've been very good about it if not a little slow) and lots of picture bend and distrortion. The 100hz is switchable on mine but really doesn't seem to make much difference even on DVD. There's ghosting on DVD pictures as well...

Im about to downgrade to a TX32PK2 instead and get some cash back....anyone think this is a good/bad idea!?

4. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Excuse me for being out of touch,but what is this moire effect?

5. steve35

steve35

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Moire effect is like a big partial thumbprint on the screen...technical or what?! I have no idea what its caused by...

Steve.

6. Buckster

Buckster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +363
    I had exactly the same problem, my 32PK25 was replaced three times, always had the same Moire pattern. Final time, local engineer tweaked the focus setting and got rid of it, but the picture was no-where near as sharp. Phoned up Panasonic and they sent round one of their engineers, and he used a pattern generator to set up the Geometry correctly, which fixes the Moire problem. The Moire is produced by a mis-alignment of the picture and the shadow mask, sounds like all of these TVs have been setup incorrectly in the factory. Have you noticed the Moire disappears when you select 'JUST' mode, or play a NTSC signal !

I'm now just waiting for a fix on the shadowing I get ..... Other than that, picture is very good, a bit of ghosting but no where near as bad as on some of the Sonys.

Mark.

7. Koosnaff

Koosnaff
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies people. Much appreciated.<br />I think I'll have a rethink...don't want to buy myself into trouble...

Cheers

8. dAvE6

dAvE6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

9. silver_sam

silver_sam

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have you noticed the Moire disappears when you select 'JUST' mode, or play a NTSC signal !

I'm now just waiting for a fix on the shadowing I get ..... Other than that, picture is very good, a bit of ghosting but no where near as bad as on some of the Sonys.

Mark.[/QB][/QUOTE]

Dear Mark,

TRUE! The moire pattern disappears on JUST MODE.<br />Also, i Have the shadowing even on DVD playback.

VERY IMPORTANT Q: Have u seen the SONY 32FX65? regarding the shadowing/ghosting, is it worse than 32PK25 on DVD playback?

which one is much better?