Anyone got a PAnasonic Tx-32Pk25

snubnose33

Standard Member
Reaction score
i am having to get rid of my current brand new panny as it seems to cause a Fanning or moire effect [convex black bars that run down either sides of the screen] when i view an Ntsc sourced disc. ITs a shame as my current model [Panasonic Tx28-Pg45] was a gorgeous tele but this problem has become so unbearable that i had to ship it out.
Now with regards to its replacement i have decided on a 32 inch -the Panasonic Tx32Pk25C which if i my intelligence is correct is an updated version of the Panasonic Tx32Pk20 ?

Do any of you own this particular model?
if yes then please give me some feedback on it, be it positive or negative.

In particular i would like to know does this model suffer from the dreaded Moire effect when outputting an Ntsc image?
To those that have this tv do y'all get any convex shaped indentations on the sides of your screen when viewing an Ntsc disc?

Please shine some needed light on this matter.

Thanks in advance

I bought the PK25 from empire direct last week £1001.13, but there were strange lines on the screen. the engineer came out, said he'd never seen anything like it before and so its on its way back to empire. i believe this is a common problem with this set.

Originally posted by steve35:
<STRONG>I bought the PK25 from empire direct last week £1001.13, but there were strange lines on the screen. the engineer came out, said he'd never seen anything like it before and so its on its way back to empire. i believe this is a common problem with this set.</STRONG>

Steve could you define the strange lines?
were they attributed to dvd playback via RGB?
if so was it a region 1 dvd?
Do you possess a multi Region dvd player?
if so would you be so kid enough to test out a few R1 discs , cos i am seriously considering this Tele but if it has problems with outputtig NTSC sourced images i aint gonna bother with it.
Thanks in advance

The lines have been mentioned by others here who have bought the PK25, theyre a bit like a partial thumbprint on the screen, most noticeable with skin tones, greys etc. Definitely not interference. Theyre most prevelant on dvd's although I did notice it on regular channels too. Ive got a Toshiba 110e dvd player, region 2 only. Im in a bit of a quandry now as Im wary of getting the same model again, but dont know what else to get! Does this help?

Right, I started off a similar thread re these thumbprint type lines in 32PK25 Moire ? I'm on the third TV now and its the same, I wrote off to Panasonic and had this response:

PROBLEM RESOLUTION:
The set only needs minor adjustment of geometry and focus to prevent this
moire patterning. It is caused by the picture elements being slightly
offset with respect to the shadow mask pitch**************

An engineer is coming round tomorrow to make these corrections, I'll let the forum know how he gets on.

What an ongoing Saga !

Regards, Mark.

Originally posted by Buckster:
<STRONG>Right, I started off a similar thread re these thumbprint type lines in 32PK25 Moire ? I'm on the third TV now and its the same, I wrote off to Panasonic and had this response:

PROBLEM RESOLUTION:

An engineer is coming round tomorrow to make these corrections, I'll let the forum know how he gets on.

What an ongoing Saga !

Regards, Mark.</STRONG>

Its moire interference I mentioned this in another thread

I had dark bands down the sides of my 32PK25. They started about 3 inches from the edges, right about where the glass rippled!
By the way, what happens to all the tv's we send back? Do you think the companies just send them out again until they get a not so critical punter who just lives with the faults?

Originally posted by Buckster:
<STRONG>Right, I started off a similar thread re these thumbprint type lines in 32PK25 Moire ? I'm on the third TV now and its the same, I wrote off to Panasonic and had this response:

PROBLEM RESOLUTION:

What an ongoing Saga !

Regards, Mark.</STRONG>

Mark

I would be interested in how you get on. I have a PG30 with similar probems and had one of the top Panny engineers look at it. He contacted the plant with the problem but that was a couple of months ago and I still don't have the answer. Out of interest do you also get the dark shaddowy bands down each side of the set?

Steve

[ 10-07-2001: Message edited by: se_warner ]

I had an engineer come round to fix the moire pattern on my 32PK25, he basically reduced the focus until the pattern disappeared. Only problem now is that the set has lost some of its sharpness especially noticeable on DVDs. I've contacted Panasonic head office and they're sending someone over to have a look at it. Incidently, the picture has a definate shadow in all 4 corners !

Regards,

Mark.

I have this problem with the 32 PK1. I've had an engineer out and he couldn't fix the problem using the service menue so they took the TV to the workshop. Three days later they state there is no problem!! If that's the case why did they take it away? I've got the TV back and will be speaking to John Lewis.

I changed my DVD player from Tosh 2109 to 210 while the set was away (better cd). I'm not sure what they've done with the TV settings but the left hand black bar on the brightness test of the Terminator2 THX set-up cannot be seen at all, even on full brightness. I would hope its not the DVD having a poorer picture?

My 32PK3 is being taken away tomorrow. It has all the faults listed above, as well as the centre of the screen being out of focus. Unfortunately I don't think they'll be able to fix anything. I believe the dark shadowy bands (particularly noticeable on the golf at the moment) is a consequence of the glass being thicker at the edges of the screen.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom